Chapter III

| Elizabeth's gown |

"These heels are so much higher than all the other ones!" I say, climbing into the car. "Yes dear. It's a formal event." My Aunt Charlotte laughed. "I know, but they hurt."

"You'll get used to them after a while." Lily says, climbing in next. Once Georgina, my uncle, my mother, and step father all gathered into the car, the driver pulled a way and we started our journey to the Palace. "Are you nervous?" Lilly whispered to me. "Why would I be?" I tried to laugh my nerves away. "I don't know, maybe because you probably will meet his family tonight. His very royal family." Georgina nudged my shoulder with hers and wiggled her eyebrows. "I'm pretty cool about everything." I shrugged looking at my freshly painted nails.

"Just remember to be yourself. From the story you shared with us about yesterday, he likes your personality." Lily giggled and I playfully tapped her leg. The rest of the car ride consisted of Uncle Christopher and George speaking amongst themselves about governmental things and Aunt Charlotte and my mother talking about the latest gossip. Lily, Georgie and I were each on our phones. I was texting my best friend from home, Zayn.

Zayn:

Be careful. I don't want to have to come beat a prince up this summer.

Me:

Ta! Zayn!! He's very nice, I don't think you'll have to. Plus, he doesn't even act like those fictional Princes in books and movies. Or however the media portrays them.

Zayn:

Good. Well have fun and be safe. Love you. Xx

Me:

Love you, too. X

"You have even more boyfriends lined up for you in America?" Georgie teases. "Absolutely not. Only a close friend, Zayn." I answer sweetly. Zayn Malik, my very best friend on the entire planet, honestly he has been my rock for the past two years when my father died and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have came back to London. To say I missed him is definitely an understatement. I quickly tell myself that I have to call him later and arrange a time for him to come and visit.

"Ah Zayn, love. How is he?" My mother asks. "He's well."

"He must come and visit, I haven't seen him in years." My mum says, touching her heart. "I was thinking the same thing, mum." With that she nods and continues her conversation with her sister-in-law.

"We're here!" Lily squeals. I look outside and there are tons and tons of people taking pictures. "Uh mum-"

"Hush girl, it's only a few pictures and we'll be inside. I promise." She says. I didn't want to take pictures not only because I don't like them, but also because I didn't want Declan to see them on some social media account or magazines. "Walk with me." Georgina says, holding out her hand. I climb out of the car and take her hand in mine. I immediately feel the calming effects of walking in with her. Thank you God for Georgie.

Not that I didn't love Lily, but when it came to these things, Lily was all about the lights and cameras. She was already feet away from us smiling and waving.

Georgie walks us straight into the Palace without stopping for any questions or posing for any pictures. "Thank you." I say, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Anytime, sweet."

-

20 minutes into the party and I couldn't stop looking for Harold. Whenever my mother tried to introduce me to her friends and their children, I'd find myself looking around to see if I spotted him. "Looking for your prince?" Lily whispered in my ear, walking past me. I blushed and followed after her, "no. Just looking around. It's beautiful in here, innit?"