Chapter XXI

"How are you feeling, babes?" Zayn whispered from beside me on the bed. I'd been locked away in my room- or Harold's room for about two days now. After leaving Declan that day, I've felt like shit. "Better." I answered.

Zayn would come and visit me when Harold went to the Palace to do work dealing with the Kingdom and today was one of those days. "He's a piece of shit." I whispered, thinking back to Declan's skeleton-like face. "A mad, scary piece of shit. I mean... he still thought we were together?" Zayn joked. "Apparently, my baby might be yours." I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'll tell the Prince he should look into that." Zayn says, laughing.

-

Harold's POV

"You said that I was needed!" I huffed trying to make my way back towards the entrance of the palace. "You were needed!" Niall says racing after me. Louis called me thirty minutes ago, saying there was something needed of me in the Palace. When I get here, Louis and Niall are standing at the doors with huge grins on there faces and Liam with a look of disapproval.

"Yes! You needed to get your lazy arse out of the house!" Louis added. "Just let him go home. He should be with his fiancée. You two need to grow up-"

"Hush, father Payne we understand." Louis cut Liam off, rolling his eyes. I rolled my eyes at the foolery and climbed into my car. "From now on, I won't be accepting calls from you two, only Liam." I wickedly grin before closing the door and driving off. I saw Liam playfully stick out his tongue, Louis preparing to smack him, and Niall looking like he was about to cry.

Zayn opened my flat door as I was about to grab the handle to walk in. "Oh, hello." I greeted, kindly. He's been such a good friend to Elizabeth since everything happened. Well, he's always been a wonderful mate but lately he's been a true pleasure. "Harold." he smiles, sticking out his hand for me to shake. Something I've always liked about him was his poise. Much like myself, we both appreciate properly presenting ourselves and not acting like baboons in public.

Cough, cough. Louis and Niall. Liam is much like us.

I take his hand and pull him into a hug. "Thank you so much, mate." I whisper, during the embrace. I didn't have to say what it was for, I knew he understood. Usually I don't like contact with others, but the amount of gratitude I have for him is infinite. "It's no problem, I love her as much as you do." He says back. "For everything- even back in the States. I know that I didn't know her but-" I pause to gather my thoughts. I actually felt tears start streaming down my face. "It's fine, I understand completely what you're trying to say." He says, patting my back.

After a few more seconds, I gain my composure and calm myself. It's not like me to shed tears, quite embarrassing. "Zayn, I would like to ask you something of great importance and I hope you will accept it." I say, trying to hold back a smile. "What is it?" He asks with concern. "I want this to be a surprise to Elizabeth, but will you do me the honor of walking her down the aisle during the wedding?" I ask, finally unleashing my smile.

This time it was his turn to cry. He quietly stood there for minutes, just staring at me in disbelief with his hand over his mouth. "What do you say, mate?" I laugh, warmly. "Of course!" He finally says. "I know she wouldn't have it any other way." I smile and give him another hug.

When he leaves, I head back towards our room feeling pretty good about myself.

"Alright, Lily I'll talk to you later. I'm fine, I promise. Harold and Zayn have been treating me wonderfully." I hear Elizabeth's voice from inside the room as I approach it. Her sweet voice luring me closer and closer to the door, I find that it's slightly ajar. So, instead of knocking I eavesdrop.

"Oh, Harold... I am truly so much in love with him, Georgie. Every little thing about him. It's just hard for me to express it sometimes, but I'm working on it." I see her smile to herself. My hearts grows inside as she continues to talk. "Of course he loves me, Lily!" she giggles. "No, he's not only marrying me because of the baby." I hear her voice drop a little, but she quickly covers it up. "He loves me. I know it." She restates. "And I'm happy, something I haven't been for a very long time."

I've decided that I've heard enough, so I knock on the door before entering. "Oh, Lily! Georgie! I'll call you two later. Thank you for checking on me." She says, pleasantly. "Yes. he's here, Lily. Now, let me go! Love you." I hear her giggle before ending the call and shifting in the bed.

I'm standing inside of our closet, removing my clothing. There's nothing more that I want to do but climb into my bed with my fiancée. "Hello, lovely." I say, getting in bed and wrapping my arms around her. "What have I done to deserve this hot piece of body?" She says, winking her eye. I have to admit, ever since Eliza has been pregnant, she's been a lot more sexual. Not that I mind. "We need to talk, darling." I chuckle and kiss her forehead. "About what?" Her eyes crinkle in confusion, but I could still feel her little hands running across my abs. I quickly inhale before answering her. "I need you to know something very important." I say, gaining a serious expression from her face. "Tell me." She breathes. Her hands stopped moving and are now placing tightly on my abdomen, kind of squeezing me. "I love you, very very much Ms. Elizabeth Brindle. So much that I cannot wait to marry you in 6 months time. I couldn't be happier that you're the one carrying the heiress, my heiress." A small smile spreads across her face. She was still very confused but at least she was smiling. "But I need you to know that that isn't the only reason I want to marry you." I say, kissing her forehead. "I thought about marriage long before I even knew you were pregnant. I just didn't know if you were ready to be married to me. It took you a while to even move in with me." I say lightly. "Not that there is anything wrong with that, there isn't. I'm just saying that I wanted to make sure you were comfortable with everything before we brought it to the next level." I say looking into her eyes.

"The last thing I ever want to do is start to make decisions for you and you just go along with them because you feel obligated to, Eliza. You may always tell me what's going on your mind." I say, seriously. "Oh Harold, you were eavesdropping weren't you?" She says, caressing my face with her hands.

"I might have heard some words being said." I answered, sheepishly. "You little sneak." She giggles while placing a kiss on my nose. "I love you and I'll never stop loving you, Harold. I am ready to be your wife not only for the sake of our little Dottie, but for the ginormous amount of love that we share for each other." She says, placing my hand over her stomach.

"Yes, Dot may have been what really made you act on asking me to marry me, but it relieves me to hear confirmation that you're actually marrying me out of love. We're all going to be a family, Harold." She whispers the last part. She happily lets a few tears slip from her eyes before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into a loving embrace.

"My grandfather always told me: the moment you fall in love with someone who makes your heart jump every time your eyes meet, make her your queen." I whisper, while hugging her.

"Oh I love you, Haz." she says before passionately slamming her lips on to mine.