Chapter XII

| Elizabeth's deceased father, Richard |

"Daddy, he was nice to me." I say to my father. He was sitting on the other side of golden bars in an all white room. "I liked him, sweetheart." My dad said back to me. "I think he's great for you." He added. I just rolled my eyes and started slowly pacing the white room. "Great my arse! He goes on about how much he fancies me and then goes and gets with someone else. Someone who was mean to me. Someone he told me he didn't like much. He's a dirty liar." I spat. "I don't want to ever see him again." I angrily whisper.

"You don't mean that darling."

"I do, with all of my heart, daddy." I stomp. "I don't like him much, anymore." I lie. As much as I wanted to hate him, I couldn't. I couldn't find one fiber of my being that hated him. Not one. "I want to stay with you, daddy." I say trying to change the topic. "We both know you can't stay here, yet, Elizabeth. It's just not your time." he says, compassionately. "I say you go and try to make up with Harry, I still think he's the one for you." My dad says, walking away from me. With every step he begins to fade into the white light. "Tell Zayn hello and thank him for taking care of my little girl." he says waving. "Daddy! Daddy please don't leave me alone. I love you, dad." I whisper from the other side of the golden gates. "I love you too, Liz." he says before he's completely gone.

"Lizzy." I hear Zayn call. "Wake up now?"

"I'm up." I say trying to move, but stopping. So much pain, everywhere. I then remember last nights episode and feel embarrassed. "Zayn- I'm sorry about last night-"

"Don't you worry about it. It's my job to be here for you, especially at times like this."

"So you know?" I ask, looking down at the red blotches that covered my hands. "I do." he says quietly. "He was only fool's gold anyway, Lizzy. You don't need him." he comforts me. He climbs into my bed of the bed and wraps his left arm around my shoulders. I lie my head on his broad shoulder and close my eyes. "I had a dream about da. He told me to tell you hello and he sent his thanks for looking after me." I whisper. "It seemed so real." I say, trying to remember the dream.

I yawn and slowly drift back off to sleep as my phone started ringing.

-

Harry's POV

"Elizabeth! I miss you-"

"Don't you ever call this number again, you prick!" I hear someone say from the other end of the phone. I look at the screen to see if I dialed the right number- I did. "Excuse me, is Eliza there?" I asked, confusingly. "That isn't any of your concern anymore. Do not try and contact her again." I then realize the voice to be Zayn's and I'm ten times more confused. "Is this some type of joke?" I ask, laughing a little. Surely it is, why would he be acting so weirdly if it wasn't. "Yeah, it was so funny to see Elizabeth's skin scored from last night when she sat in the f.ucking tub and basically burned herself, Prince." He spat. I had only met Zayn once, but he seemed like a really cool guy when I did. So why was he behaving so hostile. "What are you on about?" I ask, now concerned. What happened to Elizabeth?

"We saw pictures from your secret meet up with Taylor last night and that sent her over the edge. She really trusted you, you d.ickhead. Don't call here again, you're finished." he said before hanging up. I tried calling back, but it only rang until voicemail.

They must have seen pictures from last night. It wasn't a secret meet up. My grandfather set me up for an appointment in Belgium, I didn't know what it was until I walked in to see a dinner party in full swing and a very drunk Taylor walking towards me. F.uck.

*

"Taylor, let's go." I reluctantly whispered. "You're drunk." I rolled my eyes, annoyed. I couldn't believe my grandfather would tell me I was going away on business, just to set me in a room with Taylor. I know if I confronted him, he'd only lie and pretend he didn't know anything. Perhaps, I'll go to grandmother.