Chapter XVI

| Zayn and Elizabeth's new flat |

"I still can't believe you were in on it all." I say plopping on the sofa across from Zayn. It had been a couple of weeks, about 3 to be exact, since the whole extravaganza. Zayn and I had just finished moving all of our belongings in to our new, already furnish apartment. It was very lovely and too extravagant, if you asked me. But Zayn's parents "only wanted to give us the best", as they put it. "I told you, after Harry explained everything about the whole Taylor ordeal, asked me to be apart of it. He said to me 'learn this song and be ready to sing it the night of the mascaraed ball.'" Zayn said, shrugging. "He said that I was someone very special in your life, so he wanted me apart of it. I guess that's when I forgave him and I knew he must've really liked you." he added. I smiled, remembering how perfect everything went that night. I wish I could go back to it all of the time and just re-live it.

"Wait, so you knew about it that day when I was practically begging you to go that you had to go!" I say, flabbergasted. "You arse!" I squealed tacking him.

"Let's eat." Zayn said piggybacking me to the kitchen. "I invited Niall, Lily, Georgie, and Harry over for diner. I hope you don't mind." I say, picking with little strands of his hair. After weeks of debating with himself, he decided to keep the buzz cut. I must admit, I did look good on him. But what didn't look good on Zayn Malik?

"That's fine, I think I'm going to make tilapia and maybe rice?" he said, questioningly. "Sounds delicious!" I grinned, sliding off of his back. "I need to use the loo!" I say, running towards the bathroom. "Again?!" I hear Zayn shout from the kitchen. I've literally gone to the bathroom 13 times today. It's like my bladder shrunk three times its size today, every five seconds I needed to pee. While using the bathroom I noticed a tiny, barely there spot of blood on my underwear.

"Dammit." I hissed. My period wasn't due until next week. Why the hell is it so early? Ever since I was 9, my period has been on schedule. Never irregular, never faulty. Always reliable.

Oh my god, Elizabeth. You can't be- no. Absolutely not.

I put on an underwear liner, wash my hands and head back into the kitchen. "You look like a ghost, what's wrong?" Zayn asked, rinsing the fish off. The smell was repulsive, I wanted to throw up. "Zayn, I might be- I think I'm pregnant." I whisper. "What?" he said dropping the knife. I only looked at him, barely lifting my eyes. "I think I'm pregnant." I whisper, placing my hands over my stomach. "How are you so sure?" he asked, coming around the kitchen island to sit next to me.

"I've been pregnant before, Zayn. It just hit me that I'm having the same symptoms I had when I was before. One of the symptoms being a strong sense of smell and your hands are repulsive right now." I lightly joke. How is Harry going to take this?

"Well, I think you should take a test if you feel this strongly about it. Just to make sure." He says, walking back around the island to continue cutting the food. "If the smell is that nasty, go sit on the balcony and get some fresh air." He had a good point.

One the balcony, I pulled out my cellphone.

Me:

Harry, we need to talk. Can't wait to see you tonight! xxx

Will he be upset or mad? Oh god, what if he leaves me? What will his family thing? I know my mum will be happy, but what about his? We aren't even married... the baby would be considered an illegitimate child to the kingdom.

That thought alone had me running to the bathroom and throwing up my breakfast. I felt Zayn holding my hair and rubbing my back in no time. "Uh, I don't miss this." I whine, resting my head on the toilet seat. "Get used to it." he joked, giving me a glass of water.