Chapter XXIV

Harold's POV

The ceremony was done quickly because Elizabeth's contractions were picking up and she was just about ready to have our little Princess. "I can't do this." She cried, literally cried. She refused any medication, saying she wanted a natural birth. "Yes you can, sweet. You will be fine." Her mum kisses her hand, looking at her adoringly. "It'll be worth it when you hold your little angel in your arms." My mum chimed in, looking at her the same way Diane was. My father and her step-father were talking amongst themselves near the window, looking over at me every once in a while. Gemma typed away on her phone as Georgie paced the floor nervously along with Zayn. Lily called 15 minutes ago from New York, she was on a holiday and sad she was missing the birth of her newest family member. "Alright," The doctor announced, coming into the room. "It's time for the delivery. I have to ask everyone, except two people, to leave the room." He says, reading over the clipboard. "Harry..." Elizabeth immediately called, gripping my hand in hers. I squeeze her hand in mine and give her a comforting kiss, "I'm not going anywhere, love."

"Anyone else, Ms. Brindle?" The doctor asks, not looking up from the clipboard. "Mrs. Styles, and no I want Zayn to be here too." She gives him a questioning look and he agrees, "of course. It's an honor." he smiles nervously. Everyone gives Elizabeth a kiss or slight hugs with words of encouragement before leaving the room. "This is it." She whispers before the midwives and help floods through the door.

-

Elizabeth's POV

"She looks like you, Elizabeth." Harold whispered, wiping away from my forehead. 7 hours later and Anne Rose Styles arrived. We decided to go with Rose instead of Dottie to pay tribute to my father, Richard. It was Harry's idea and I cried a lot when he said it. I can't believe in the span of 24 hours, I became the wife of the most amazing man on the earth, the duchess of Cambridge, and the mother of an incredibly cute little girl.

Our families had went home about an hour ago and we finally got a few minutes to ourselves before a knock on the door sounded. I sighed, before rolling my eyes. "Come in." Harold called. "It's time for the Walk." One of our many Royal Advisors said before quickly leaving the room and closing the door. "It's alright if you don't feel like doing it. We can always reschedule it for a few more hours or tomorrow?" Harry suggest, caressing the side of Anne's tiny cheek. The Walk is when Harold and I walk around outside with Anne so the reporters and people can see the new baby. His mother did it with him and Gemma, so I kind of want to follow the tradition. "The whole world is waiting, I don't want to cause anymore agony." I tease, handing a sleeping Anne to him. One of the midwives helped me into a light dress and a comfortable pair of heels. Tasha waltzes through the bathroom door with her stylist kit. "The little Princess is so adorable, she looks just like the Prince." She smiles, setting up her equipment. "I have to get myself made up just to circle around the courtyard and wave?" I whine, leaning back in my chair. "News crews from all around the world are there, paparazzi are there, you are officially a royal now. You must always look presentable." She says in her poshest British accent, it makes me laugh. 

-

"Elizabeth! Elizabeth!"

*Camera flickers*

Princes Harold! Is that the baby?

*Camera flashes* *Camera Flashes*

Over here, Prince Harold!

*Another camera flicker*

Elizabeth, what's her name?!"

Madness, complete and utter madness. I smile and wave as I was instructed to. Not really talking to anyone, but keeping a pleasant posture. I could barely see anything but the flickering lights everywhere. "How can she sleep through this?" I laugh, looking up at Harold, who's looking down at me and the baby fondly. We smile and walk around more, this time closer to the gate to let people get a good glimpse at her before heading back inside of the hospital.

"That was absolutely mad!" I exclaim as Harold closes the door to our room. "You get used to it. You can always escape if you want to."

"You're stuck with me for life now, baby." I wiggle my ring finger and smile up at him. He pulls me into his chest with Anne still in my arms, sleeping. "I love you Elizabeth Styles." He whispers. Before I could say another word, he places his lips on top of mine.