Chapter XIII

| Tired, exhausted, fustrated Prince Harold |

You know how it feels to have someone watching you? That feeling that terrifies you, makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? Gives you goosebumps across your arms? Almost like you're too afraid to look behind you?

Yeah, well that's how I felt about waking up this morning. My head was under the covers, but I felt like someone was waiting for me to wake up. Some impending doom was outside of my covers. It didn't help that I figured out what that doom was. "This has to be a nightmare." I muttered to myself. It didn't help that I could smell his wonderful scent, even through my duvet. "I heard that." I hear him say. "I was hoping so." I say roughly. "What do you want, Styles?" I say, bold enough for his eyes to widen when I popped out of the covers. I wasn't in the mood to pretend I was happy when I wasn't. I still felt like shit, three days after the incident. "I was hoping to explain myself." he shrugged, nervously. "Go right ahead." I say nonchalantly and heading to my bathroom. I didn't say I would listen. I honestly don't know where this rudeness was coming from, then again, I didn't care. "Would you sit still so I can talk?" he says in an agitated tone. "I didn't know my movement was throwing off your ability to speak." I said rinsing my face. The blotches of redness were mostly gone now, only a huge mark on my neck that went up to my face was still there.

"Will you please stand still and let me explain to you!" he shouts, sternly. I turn to face him and squint my eyes. "You're even lucky to be in my home right now. So I suggest you quick all of the yelling." I say pointing my finger at his chest. I had had it with men and shoving me around. I wouldn't stand for it anymore, I just wouldn't.

He grabbed my hand and surprisingly pulled me into his chest. "umph." the sound escaped my lips upon smacking into him. He ran his finger across my cheek with the mark and followed it down my neck. "I'm sorry." he whispered, still leaving his hand there. I tried pulling away from him, but he wasn't having it. "It's fine, Harry let me go." I say, looking at the ground. "Look at me, Eliza." he pleaded, tightening his grip. When I didn't look up, his frustration had reached its peak, "I said look at me dammit. I'm trying to show you that I still care, Elizabeth!" he says fervently.

For some reason, I didn't feel frightened like I thought I would. Usually when Declan used that tone with me, I was ready to obey anything he said in fear that he'd hit me, but I knew Harry would never hit me. He said he cared.

"She was drunk." he says once I look at him. "Wha-"

"Taylor was drunk, I helped her into her limo and I went in mine. We aren't together, Eliza." he says softly, caressing my cheek. I wanted to engulf him in a hug and cry, but I didn't. Instead I shrugged myself out of his hold and wrapped my arms around myself. "It doesn't matter, we aren't either. You don't have to explain." I say faintly. The truth was it did matter, I did want him to explain, but my pride wouldn't let me say it. "Then why were you so upset? Why are you upset? And don't you dare lie and say you aren't because you've never acted this cold towards me." He was standing right behind me, but I wouldn't turn around. "Eliza.. you can still talk to me. I'm still your Harry."

"Why were you with her then? Why? You know how rude she was to me and you go and party with her anyway! Do you not care that much for my feelings, Harry? Am I just another one of your girls you can score? Is this all just a game to you?" I say, this time not crying or shouting. I know I had to look a horrific mess, but I didn't care. I was letting him now just how I felt. I felt hurt and damaged.

"How do I know that I can trust you? How? What sick and twisted game are you playing? You even have my mum and Zayn on your side. My mother, I can see why- but even Zayn." I go and sit on the edge of my bed, face planted in my hands. I didn't want him here anymore. I didn't want him to see me act so pathetically. I was a complete and utter mess and he was witnessing it. "Baby, shhh." Harry said, running over and wrapping me in his arms. "I'm nothing, Harry. Why do you like me? Why me?" I whisper.

"I want you because you are you. You are broken, but so beautiful. And not just physically. I want you because you make me feel like I can be me. When I'm with you, I couldn't care less about anything else in the world. You make me feel better. Every time I see you smile, or hear you laugh, it makes me feel one hundred times better. I want to be here to help you feel better. I know I hurt you when you saw those photos, but baby please believe me when I say I only need you in my life. No one else, only you." he says, caressing my face again. His face and tone were both sincere as he stared into my eyes.

"My grandfather wants me to be with Taylor right now, he set up this whole trip. He set up the party for me to go and see Taylor. She was drunk and I wanted to help her get home safely. I couldn't leave her to fend for herself when she was so vulnerable. I'm sorry for making you feel the way you did. I'm so sorry, princess." he says, kissing my forehead over and over. As much as I hated to admit it, my heart fluttered at the thought of him helping someone he didn't want to be around. He has such a good heart. "No, I'm sorry." I finally say. "I was wrong to jump to conclusions." I say, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

"That was sweet what you did for her..." I trailed off. "It's just... I don't know what took over me. I thought I was being screwed over by someone else. I thought that I let me guard down stupidly for another man who only would hurt me. I thought that you were going to be the one but then-"

"I am your one." he said, pulling me down on the ground with him. He wrapped me in his arms and I lied my head on his chest. "You're still the one for me." I look up to meet his eyes and the desire that were set in them was unbelievable. He lightly grabbed my face with his hands and crashed our lips together.

It felt like a million and one stars were bursting through my entire body and I didn't know how to control myself. I gripped his shirt and pulled him towards me, intensely. I hope I'm doing this right. See, whenever Declan and I did all of these things, it was all him who controlled everything, I did nothing but lay there.

He picked me up and lied me on the bed, gently continuing to kiss me. He moved to my cheek and down my neck, kissing me ever so lightly. My grip on his shirt tighten as his lips went lower. "Harry.." I breathed. He sat up, stopping. "Do we need to stop? Do you want me to?" he asked, worry creasing his face. "No. No, please don't." I said, my eyes closed, too embarrassed to open them. I could tell he was smiling before he started kissing me again. "You. Are. So. Beautiful." He said in between kisses. I reached up and pulled his jacket off, trying to undress him. Woah, is this really happening, Elizabeth? Are you sure about this?

As soon as his jacket was off, I started unbuttoning his shirt. "Are we sure about this?" Harry asked, still kissing me. I only shook my head, not trusting my voice. He lifted my shirt over my head and continued to adorn my body with light, feathery kisses, literally driving me mad.

"Wait Harry... my mum, Zayn, Ge-"

"They're gone. They left us to talk things through. They went to your Aunt and Uncle's home for the day." he informs me. "Damn, how did I get so lucky?" he smiles, engulfing me in another hug. He attaches his lips to mine again, climbing over me. I hear myself moan and it scares me a little bit.

We keep going at it until we're both undressed and the room gets hotter. "Do you want to do this, Eliza? We can stop if you like to-"

I kissed Harry this time, shutting him up from talking. I hope that answered his question.