Chapter XX

"Alright listen. Declan will be in an interrogation room with an officer. We will be outside as the officer questions him, watching. He won't be able to see us, but we'll be able to see him." Harry says, as we sit in the back of the car on our way to wherever Declan is being held.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks nervously. "Of course I do! We didn't go through all of that arguing for nothing!" I smile, clasping his hand in mine. He must still be a little shaken from what happened a couple weeks ago. To be completely honest, I don't think I would want Harold to be around anyone that caused him harm either. "I love you. Okay, love? No matter what." He whispers, cupping my cheek with the palm of his hand. "Of course, Harold. I love you, too."

-

"I heard a door shut. Who could that be?" I heard a very familiarly, very taunting, very chilly voice say from down the hall. The voice came from inside of a room a little way from where we were. Oh my god. "Sweet?" Harold says, pausing to wait for me to begin walking again. "I'm fine." I say, a ghost of a smile tracing my lips. "His voice still gives me the chills." I wrap my arms around my stomach, still feeling a little eerie. "Is it them?" The voice says again from inside of the room. We just made it outside of the room and we're looking into the glass now. I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth. "Oh my god." I say, tears springing from my eyes. "Eliza." Harry says with concern. "Is it the Prince and his lover?" Declan sneers from inside the room. "His very pregnant lover?" His vile laugh fills the room and I wrap a protective hand around my growing stomach.

There were two officers outside of the room and two inside, posted at the door. Although they were in the room with him, Declan was speaking to himself. He looked mad. He was pale as a ghost, his eyes were baggy, he wasn't cleanly shaven, and his weight dropped tremendously. "I know it's them." He said looking through the glass. It seemed as if his eyes were connecting with mine. "Elizabeth answer me!" Harry was now franticly yelling. "I'm fine." I whisper.

Then it hit me, after all of this time, I'd never thought I'd face him again. I thought my past was gone. How did he find me? How? "I want answers!" I mindlessly whispered before dashing towards the door and entering the room. "Elizabeth, no!" Harold screamed, no doubt following after me. The guards didn't bother to stop me, they only stood there, still as a statue. "WHY!" I screamed bursting through the door.

"I knew it was you." He said, slouching in his seat. "Why, Declan?" I demanded. Harold held one of my arms back, keeping me from advancing towards him. I was surprised at myself for being this hostile. Never in my life have I behaved this way.

"Ah, little Elizabeth. So young, so naive." he chuckled, looking down at the table in front of him. "You really think that you were ready to run away from me? Your one, true soulmate? tsk- tsk!" he chastised.

"How?" I whispered, still with some bass in my voice. "Well, Elizabeth if you're so eager to know how I found you, muffin, it wasn't hard." He smiled looking back up at me. Harry pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my stomach, defensively.

"I sat around for weeks thinking and thinking of all of the different places you could have gone. At first I thought you went to California- it was your favorite state." He said, pausing to wink at me. "Then I paid a very secret visit to your friend Zayn's apartment to see if you'd been living there. But sadly, I only saw his clothes. I, then, called the credit company to see if you'd been spending money, so I could track you. But to my surprise, you were a clever one." He laughed dryly. "So, I singled it down. Either she's somewhere across country or Zayn is hiding her. I waited for some time to  past while digging up more and more information, finding nothing. Until I ran into a sweet old woman with an English accent at the market that reminded me of your accent and I thought hmmm, maybe she went back to England. I remembered you telling me you had family in England on your mother's side. You left a paper with all of your important phone numbers on our fridge, so I decided to give my dear, almost, mother-in-law a call." He looked up at me again with the most sinister smile, hatred blatant in his eyes. "I crossed my fingers and hoped that you hadn't told a soul of our little incidents at home and dialed her number. And, to my delight, you hadn't!" He laughed. "Diane told me how sorry she was to find out that  we'd broken up because we just weren't right for each other. So I sweet-talked a little bit and told her I was planning on winning you back and she told me everything. Specifically, that you were staying with her, but seeing someone new."

"You dirty bastard!" I cried. "Ah, ah, ah! So rude to interrupt the speaker, Elizabeth. I thought I taught you that." I felt Harry's hand tighten around me. "You little fuc-"

"Anyway," Declan sighed, nonchalantly. "She gave me your number and I tested it out a few times- you know, just to make sure it was the right one." I was right! That was him that called me. "After I confirmed it was you, and your mother wasn't bluffing. I decided to wait a couple more weeks before making a move. To give you a little more time to forget about me. When I got over here, I easily found you and followed you around with out you even knowing it was me."

It was him at the park...

The day I moved in with Zayn, in our new flat...

Chills ran up and down my body just thinking about how close I was to him without even knowing it. "I see Zayn followed you over here. By the way- eh Prince, I think Zayn's got the hots for our girl. You better make sure the bun in her oven is yours." he said to Harry.

"Harold!" I screamed, trying to pull him away from Declan. "Guards! Please, help!" I say holding on to one arm. I couldn't stop the punch he threw with his free hand. The officers quickly removed Harry from Declan, who couldn't really move because he was chained to a table. "Nice punch, but I think mine is better. Ask Elizabeth." He barked with laughed, spitting out blood from his mouth onto the floor. "F.ucking piece of shit-" Harry tried to rush towards him again, but the officers had a good grip on him. "Finish your story." I sternly demeaned, holding my head highly. For some reason, I wasn't feeling cowardly towards him anymore. Probably because he was chained to a table.

"After I found out you were whoring around with your majesty here, I figured there was no way to get you back. You were always the gold digging type." His words cut like knives but I wasn't letting it show. I refused to give him that satisfaction. "So I came up with a plan to kill you and that dirty, non-royal baby of yours. Thought maybe the King and Queen would thank me even." A cold breeze ran straight down my back. How could someone be so cold? "You're delusional." Harry spat.

"But if this is my thanks... well geez." Declan shrugged sarcastically.

"Why?" I bit, bitterly. "Why would you do this? You made it clear to me everyday that  I was with you, I was nothing more than a burden to you. You made me feel worthless and-"

"Cut the dramatics, babe. You want to know why? I'll tell you why." He said, cutting me off. "If I can't have you, no one can have you. I figured if I succeeded with this, you'd be dead and he couldn't take you away from me. But my plan has folded and it looks like I'll be dead, probably in the next week. So who cares now?" He's honestly demented. How could I have not seen this in the beginning?

"You put me through years of suffering, years of- you know what?" I say, looking at him nastily. "I'm not wasting anymore of my time or energy on you. Once I leave this room, I will be forever done with you, Declan Pierce. And I'll make sure you don't die, sweetheart." I say walking closer toward him. He only glared up at me, not moving. "I'll make sure you live and suffer forever. You sick, twisted bastard!" There's was a crisp, cracking sound that filled the air and a throbbing, stinging sensation throughout my hand.

"Because, some things are worse than death, baby."