Chapter XIX

| Elizabeth's engagement ring |

Harry's POV

It's been six hours after the shooting took place and I was still sitting in the hospital room with a sleeping Elizabeth and a worried Zayn. After we finally got an ambulance, they rushed Elizabeth to the hospital. Zayn and I took a car.

My parents, grandparents, and Gemma are safely together in the emergency hideaways with Elizabeth's parents, Louis, Liam, and Niall- a special demand from me. Well, Louis is my cousin, he automatically goes in hideaway, but the other boys would usually be rushed to another safe location along with Elizabeth's parents, but I look at all of them as family. They tried to put Zayn and I there as well, but we wouldn't have it. I needed to see her, to make sure she wouldn't wake up alone.

Declan did work with one other person, we do know that. They other person was the shooter on the roof while Declan was one of the guards at the party. "Do you think there's anymore people working with him?" I asked, running circles in Elizabeth's hand. It was cold, I didn't like it. "I don't suppose so, Rory Heathers was one of Declan's closest friend. He had a sick twisted mind, much like Declan." Zayn said, putting his head in his hands.

 An inaudible groan comes from Elizabeth's lips and Zayn's head snaps towards her, I squeeze the hand that I was holding. "I'm so sleepy." She said, still not fully awake. A ghost of a smile appears on my face and I feel a tear drop of my eye. My god, she's okay. The doctors said she would be fine, but oh god, I praise silently in my head.

"Sleeping? You've been sleeping for eight weeks now." Zayn jokes, clearing her face of unruly hair. "You say I've been sleeping eight whole weeks?" She asked, bewildered and finally opening her eyes. "Wow, that's amazing." She adds, astonished. "I still don't know what happened to me-" she stops talking when she looks over at me. Eliza's eyes glisten with tears as she reaches over to touch me face, tracing my worry lines. "Harold." She faintly says.

I see Zayn stand up and walk towards the door mouthing the words, 'I'll be back'.

"Yes, love?"

"I've missed you. I don't know how long I've really been sleeping. Wether it was really eight weeks, eight days, or eight hours- but I've really missed you." she says, kissing my hand. "You don't know how relieved I am to see you awake, Eliza. You scared me so damn badly. I swear I almost had a heart attack." I say, putting stress on each word. I couldn't help but remember the mixed emotions I felt when everything happened. I was confused the whole time, more so in the beginning, then a wash of fear hit me when I saw two bleeding holes in Elizabeth's back. There was panic when I didn't know what I was to do with her. Everyone was running crazily around us and security was trying to get us all inside before anything else happened. The anger came after I saw Declan holding her and when he kicked her in the face, I swear I almost lost it. I remember thinking who the f.uck would do something like this? For what? My family has never had an assignation attempt since before my birth, ever. So why all of a sudden? And on international telly... I'm sure once it happened, in the mix of chaos, some reporters had to get the good footage.

"What happened?" She whispered, grasping my hand in both of hers. I could tell she was trying to comfort me, I wanted to smile, it just wasn't the time to. "They have Declan and his friend Rory in custody, now." I tell her. "Rory? Where was he? God I haven't seen him in such a long time." She sneered.

"Rory was the shooter on the roof, but he won't talk and neither will Declan." I growl in frustration. If I ability to choose what to do with him, he'd be dead already. Never in my life had I wished to kill someone but when my fianceé's life was put into danger last night, I wanted him dead. "Can I talk to them? Maybe Declan'll-"

"Absolutely not!" I stand up, instantly angry at her suggestion. "But Harold!" she pleaded with me. "I said no, Elizabeth. That's final. He kicked you in the face, he had his best friend shoot you! Are you mad?" I'm not budging on my stance. "That's no fair." She pouts, crossing her arms. "No fair? Elizabeth do you realize your life was in danger not even a full day ago?!" I exclaim. Why in the world would she want to confront this man? "Maybe he'll talk to me! You saw how he paused to talk to me when I-" She quiets down. I hadn't thought of the part where she told him that she loved him. "-told him you still loved him? I was there."  I say, making my way to the window. "Harry you know I didn't mean that," she pleads. She was about to cry, I could hear it. "Look, I just don't want you back in any danger." I say, sitting on the edge of the bed now. "How could I possibly be in danger when I know that there are more than twenty five thousand guards surrounding every place I go?" She's made a point, Harry. "But there was twenty five thousand guards around us last night, Elizabeth." I sigh. "This time it'll be different, Harold. He's in a jail cell, he can't do anything from in there."

"I'll think about it." I mumble, not liking the fact that I might agree with her on this. "I love you." She says pulling me near her. "You know that I love you." I say, before kissing her forehead.

-

Elizabeth's POV

The next couple of hours, a lot of people came past to see me. Liam, Louis, and Niall, with Eleanor, Soph, Georgie, and Lily. They didn't really stay long, firstly because it was too many people in the room; secondly, Royal Security wanted them all home and safe because of what happened last night; thirdly, I told them all to 'get out, go home, and rest'. I even made Zayn leave and go home with Georgie, she needed him more than I did at the moment.

My parents and Harry's parents phoned us from wherever they were- Harry said they were still in the hideaways, whatever that is. "Haz, did they say anything about the baby?" I say, remembering that I actually do have someone else to worry about other than myself now. "Our little Dottie- she's perfectly fine." He smiles, placing his hands over my belly.

"You said she. Harry you used a gender! We're having a she?" I asked, wanting to jump out of the bed but the throbbing in my back stopped me. "Yes, love you will be a mummy of a little girl." He kisses my stomach and my heart pounds.

"Anne." I say. "Huh?" Harry looks up confused. "You are so silly! What if we call the baby Princess Anne Styles?" I say grinning. "I have something much better." He smiles, I love seeing his dimples.

"Anne Dottie Styles."

-

Harry's POV

Watching her face form into a loving stare was honestly breathtaking. "Our little nickname?" She asked, breathlessly. "Of course, why not?" I smile. If there was one thing on earth I loved doing, it was making her happy.

"You stole my heart, Harold Styles, and I wouldn't have it any other way."