To Live or Die

Disclaimer: I don't own Durarara, nor the pictures on the cover or chapters. I only own my OC Natsu Orihara and the plot of this story.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Natsu's POV

"You lied to me Shinra." Natsu sharply pointed out with an irritated frown.

"I don't know what you're talking about Tuna-chan." Shinra replied back with an innocent close eyed smile.

She deadpanned at him, contemplating to flick his forehead or to pull his cheeks as they walked the busy streets of Ikebukuro. Trying to find people to interview about the legendary 'Black Rider' with the camcorder in Shinra's hand. The way that Shinra was talking on the phone earlier, when she took care of those foolish kidnappers, he made it sound like something was wrong with Celty. Or at least, that something happened. It turned out that he completely mislead her, something she should've suspected because of how he is. He wanted to have a companion to travel around the city interviewing people about Celty and what they thought of the legend. He even wanted to interview herself, which she thought was idiotic.

Why interview someone about something that should be a mystery to them?

Which is why when he asked, she gave him a well deserved flick of the forehead. It gave him a noticeable red spot right in the middle, but has started to fade away slowly. Shinra whined about it for a minute, but now he's just carrying on with a smile as he looks for more people to interview in the city.

So far, Natsu hasn't been impressed with the people Shinra had chosen to interview. From idiotic men mimicking and making fun of the legendary 'Black Rider' to those shallow teenaged girls that were bullying a young girl with glasses and was only stopped because of Izaya's influence, as well as Kida's friend. Overseeing it all on the building's rooftop. But, Natsu wondered on why exactly her bespectacled friend wanted a recording of all these people giving speculations and thoughts of the 'Black Rider'. When she asked, Shinra only replied that he wanted something to look back on and so he can watch it with Celty in time. But Natsu knew that there had to be more then that, however, she stayed silent and accepted his answer.

As of now though, Natsu wants to know who exactly they're going to interview next. Mocha eyes scanned throughout the crowd around the pair of friends that walked side by side, her only seeing ordinary people that held the typical human nature within them, all the same. Natsu's brows furrowed down at the thought as she continued to scan. As her and Shinra were about to pass by an alleyway that connected closely to another street, she spotted familiar high pigtails going towards the alleyway.

Mocha eyes slightly widened in recognition, and then she heard an excited gasp next to her. Shinra had a gleam in his eyes as he spotted the pigtail girl and called for her to stop for a moment as he speed walked towards her with camcorder at the ready. Natsu looked on with a frown, then realizing that perhaps Celty told Shinra about her job with Izaya. She walked calmly towards them, her gaze not ever leaving the young girl with the pigtails. The girl seemed to notice her gaze, as her eyes moved from Shinra's to her own nearing form, her eyes seeming to widen slightly in recognition.

Rio Kamichika.

The girl who wanted to die but lived.

--FLASHBACK--

Natsu watched with blank observing eyes as she stood at the neighboring rooftop next to the one that Izaya and the young girl were talking on. Mocha eyes never straying from the pair, her ears trying to catch as much as she could, despite the distance.

When Izaya informed her about his devious plan, she-like always-told him she'll be nearby if anything happens. A smirk was all she received from him as a response, the same response he gives to her fierce and protective words. This wasn't the first time she watched in the shadows as Izaya showed his beliefs of the world and humans to suicidal people. The odd way he did it however, caused the people who wanted to kill themselves before grow to hate him. Which Natsu didn't quite understand. She never understood humans who wanted to kill themselves, but perhaps it was because she had things to live for. Izaya for one, Natsu thought as she watched Izaya give his signature smirk and see the confused face of the young girl as Izaya continued to speak.