Chapter 13 - Goodbye Sensei!

There it was. The day Boruto never wished to reach.

The day, the moment, the hour, the seconds he never wanted to experience.

It was time for Jiraiya to go and fight Pein, the leader of the Akatsuki.

Even though Boruto explained to Jiraiya about what's gonna happen next, he did not told him about one thing. That the leader was Nagato.

Boruto figured out that if Jiraiya knows that, the future sure will change.

But that wasn't the only thing he didn't warned Jiraiya about. He said that he (Jiraiya) will leave a hidden message behind but he never said what will the message say.

Boruto finally mastered Rasengan and Sarada is coming back tomorrow from her training with Kakashi.

But something deep inside Boruto told him to change the future.

What was the point of saving the future if it already sucks?

Boruto slapped himself for thinking like that.

He had a great mother, a cute little sister and a father who is the Hokage.

He just wished to go home already.

He wished all of this was only a crazy dream, or that he really fought that mysterious man but the fight put him under a genjutsu or something.

As Boruto walked towards the Ichiraku's he saw his sensei.

"Boruto! I was looking for you! I wanted to treat you to ramen before I go!" Jiraiya smiled.

Boruto smiled and walked inside.

"Two miso ramen, please!" Jiriaya said.

"So... You talked to that old hag?"

"You mean Tsunade? Not yet. I will have to eventually, at the end of the day."

"I'll go with you!" Boruto said.

Mentally he slapped himself.

He said that without thinking.

"No you won't. You will stay here and train with your father."

"B-but-"

"I understand that you don't want me to die but... You see, thing are meant to be like this. This cruel thing is called fate. But fate is also confused as life. But they are two different things. Remember that."

Boruto looked down.

If only J could do anything about it...

"Thank you!" Boruto said.

"Huh?"

"Thank you for teaching me rasengan! Thank you for treating me to ramen everytime! Thank you for being my sensei! Thank you for-"

"No need to thank me. You can consider me family. I am, after all, your father's godfather." Jiriiya said.

Boruto looked at Jiriaya with tears in his eyes.

"W-why?"

"Thing are meant to be like this. It's time for the torch to be passed to the next generation."

Boruto clenched his fist.

I can't stay here any longer. Dad... Save me.

------------------

Naruto jumped on the trees, trying to get back to Konoha as soon possible.

His son was in the past? How did he end up there? Is that the ability of that man?