Chapter 23 - You Are My Friend

Please read A/N at the end of the chapter!

It have been a week since the Pain attack.

Everything was new for Naruto. Everytime someone passed by him, they greeted him, praised him and then they said a heartwarming thank you.

Since from the beginning Naruto was treated like an outsider and being hated by everyone. (I'm giving you a flashback in case you forgot the plot of Naruto jk)

And now... Now he was loved, welcomed and treated like a hero.

In fact, he didn't only saved the village. He saved himself.

It's true. Now that everything has passed, everyone was okay and alive, he could say that he didn't only saved the village. He saved himself.

He saved himself from wanting revange. His master could finally rest in peace.

And finally, he could say that he truly loved someone. He finally realized what love is.

He remembered what happened with Hinata.

He remembered what Nagato said.

With love, sacrifice is born, aswell as revange. With revange in this world, hatred is born aswell.

There is no world with love only.

Naruto wanted to change that.

He wanted a peaceful world.

Not only ruled by love, but just peace.

But now he truly understood Sasuke.

His best friend loved once. He loved his family. Once the love once were took away, he wanted revange.

But it wasn't only the reason what Naruto understood. It was the feelings aswell.

Naruto lost someone dear to him aswell. He almost lost Hinata.

It's true, at first he wanted revange. But he was rational enough to understand the situation and to go on the right path.

But there was one thing that Naruto didn't understood about Sasuke.

Why did he choose the wrong path?

The hardest part is forgiveness ended, but Itachi didn't needed forgiveness. Sasuke could easily choose the right path, to stay in the village and have a better dream. (But noo he had to choose revange and to kill Ita-kun *sad face*)

And then... There is this group called Akatsuki.

What do they want to accomplish? Why do they need the tailed beasts?

There so many questions out there about the Akatsuki but none are being answered.

Some rumors say that there are only two Jinchuurikis left. Him and the Eight Tails Jinchuuriki.

He hoped that it wasn't true. But he realized long time ago that hoping won't do anything.

He realized that hope, it's indeed a weakness. He realized that the moment he couldn't bring Sasuke back.

He hoped that Sasuke will come back woth him. He hoped that Sasuke will acknowledge him as a friend.

And in the end... He almost got killed by Sasuke.

But even after all of that, Naruto still considered Sasuke as a friend. He is willing to give up his life in order to save Sasuke.

But saving Sasuke isn't free. It comes with a price.

And that price is that one of them ends up dead.

But that's what Naruto thought before meeting Boruto and Sarada.