Chapter 30 - Farewell

Boruto walked slowly towards his father.

He made eye contact with him then-

"So you finally showed up?" Boruto asked annoyed.

The younger version of Naruto was astonished.

That person was him. The future self.

He was so tall! So handsome... And on top of that, he was the Hokage.

But Naruto wasn't a fool. He could see the tiredness and sleepless nights he went through during this time.

But not only that, but he could see aswell the relationship between his son and himself.

It was really awkward between the two of them. Like they never talked. Like they were some distant friends and it's the first time in ages they talk to each other.

Like some friends that got lost on their way.

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Naruto smiled.

Boruto looked at the ground.

He wanted more than anything to hug his father.

He really missed him.

He wanted to go back more than anything.

He wanted to see his sister and to see his mother.

He wanted all of that back.

Naruto was still looking at his son.

He got taller, didn't he?

"So you finally got your brats... What are you going to do about the future? There are too many things we know about the future. The moment you are back in your time, it would be probably a lot different." Tsunade said.

"We already decided what we will do. We will erase everyone's memories on meeting, talking or even seeing Boruto and Sarada." Sasuke said.

What?!

------------------

"I see. So that's how it's going to be."

Boruto was mad. After all those happy moments and that friendship he build with his father in this timeline, all of that is going to vanish like nothing happened?!

But as much as he hated it, he had to accept the situation.

Maybe it wasn't a bad thing...

As for Sarada, she was really happy to see her father.

She was really excited to go back.

She couldn't wait to see her mother and to tell her that she is alright.

Sarada looked at her father.

She could see the stress he have been through this past months.

Sarada was still in her father's hands.

Sasuke was holding her close, like she was about to vanish.

He wanted to bring her home immediately. He didn't wanted to spend any more time here.

As for Naruto, he was finally happy.

He found his son and everything was perfect. Well... almost everything.

His relationship with his son still wasn't the best.

It was still that awkward vibe into it.

They all walked outside.

Everyone in the village was ordered to meet up and come to the training grounds.

"So, that means we won't see each other until you are born huh?" Naruto said.

"Yeah..."

"Promise me something, ok? You'll try to save the relationship between me and you, okay?"

Boruto smiled.

"Of course!"

Naruto and Boruto fistbump.

The future Naruto walked to his past self.

"I wanted to tell you something."

The past Naruto looked at his future self in awe.

"I know it's hard... Everything that happened, happened really fast and you couldnct predict what was going to happen. But right now, it's going the hardest times of your life. The most challenging, saddest and most emotional time of your lifetime. I don't know much about my future but your future is sure. You will bring Sasuke home and you will make your dream come true."

"But... I want to have a family aswell. Maybe the future will change, maybe Hinata-"

"Believe me, I've been through that. I needed to be taken Hinata away to realize how much I love her. Plus she had feelings for us ever since we were kids. I highly doubt she will let go of that love that easily. You'll realize one day what love really is."

Sarada walked towards her mother.

"I guess that's how the things will turn out, huh?"

"Yeah..." Sarada said while looking at the ground.

"Sarada-"

"Mom-"

"You go first." Sakura told her.

"I wanted to thank you for everything. I know you went through a lot after seeing dad..."

"Never mind that! And of course I would take care of you! I'm your mother after all. I wanted to tell you that you will become an extraordinary shinobi and a great Hokage. I was surprised at first qhwn you told mw you want to become Hokage. But now, that I think about it, there is no one more fitting than you!" Sakura said while hugging her daughter.

Sasuke walked toward the two of them.

"Sasuke-kun..."

"I wanted to thank you for taking care of my daughter... Well our daughter. You will become a strong shinobi aswell and a very good wife." Sasuke said.

At that, Sakura fainted.

"M-mom?!"

"Hnnn, still annoying." Sasuke said while smiling.

Well I guess that's a farewell. Well I guess this was a treacherous adventure.

Hey guys!

Five more chapters to go and the story is finished!

I really want to thank you guys for giving me ideas when I needed them! This really helped the story progress.

This story will have 35 chapters in total so I can't wait for you guys to read the final chapter.

Aswell, I want you guys, in the last chapter to express your opinion on this story.

Promise of a Lifetime is coming in a month and I can't wait for that to be published (on December 6, when we reach the one year anniversary!)

This not going to have a sequel because I don't think it need to really.

But here are the upcoming chapters that I'm going to write. (I still didn't thought of a title yet)

31. (Uzumaki family finally back together )
32. (Uchiha family back together )
33. (Tsuneo's story and why he did what he did)
34. -black-
35. -blank-

Where is blank, it means that I'm out of ideas.

Which means it's where come in and help me.

Tell me what you wanna read in the last chapters!

Thank you for reading, voting and leaving a comment