Love is a powerful thing

I get back to work at about 3, my parents and August sit around the station talking when I walk in. "There's my gay" August says as I enter. "Rude" I say as I wrap my arms around him and embrace him in a hug. "I've missed you Em" I nod and he knows I'm saying it back.
"So how was your lunch date?" My mother asks sweetly...of course August had too grin "yes Emma how was it?" He adds, "it was great" I say  as I glare at my best friend and give him my evil eyes. My parents are clueless towards Augusts sarcastic tones and my sharp answers. "Did yous eat out?" My mom asks in her usual solemn filled voice, I open my mouth to answer but August gets there first..."Emma sure did" he says and a wide grin spreads across his face, my parents look down in embarrassment as they understand exactly what August meant. I pick up the closest thing to me and aim for his head..."OUCH! Emma don't throw staplers at me! That's dangerous" I shake my head at my idiotic bestfriend.
August wants to know everything that's happened since he left so I informed him of everything. "So Em,
Mary Margaret, David how about tonight we go to the Rabbit Hole for a few drinks, it's long over due" asks August, we all nod in agreement "and Em you can bring your girlfriend" I shake my head at that " I don't think the Rabbit Hole is her sort of atmosphere but I'll ask her." They smile at me and I leave the room to phone Regina.

"Hey baby" I say as Regina picks up the phone
"Hello" she replies
"Tonight August my parents and I are going to the Rabbit Hole, I know it's not your kind of place but will you accompany me?" I say politely and sweetly
"Babe you said you will be there, any place you are is my kind of place"
I feel my cheeks flushing bright red, I smile like a crazy person
"Okay I'll see you later then" I reply not wanting to get too cheesy with her.

That night we walk into the bar together and see the table that is already occupied by my parents and August of course. "Hey" I say to them all as I pull Regina a chair out. "Look at little Emmy Wemmy being kind" August comes out with in a joking manner. "Emmy Wemmy?" I respond exclusively. He just nods his head, I shake it off, I've actually missed his stupidity a lot. My dad goes too the bar and buys the first round of drinks. "So how did this happen?" August asks specifically as he points towards my hand that is clutching Reginas. "I guess I've always felt this way but I was too afraid to say" I murmur, "but you's hated each other?" He says spitefully. I wrap my arm around Regina and she pulls herself in close to me. "I guess our love for each other was stronger than hate" Regina announces as she looks me in the eyes and smiles. "Cute." Is all he can reply.

As the night goes on, a band begins to play and many people are on the floor dancing, including my parents and a cute red head that August had found lurking in a corner. "Would you care to dance my queen?" Regina chuckles, " how are you meant to dance to that, it's just noise?" I try not to laugh "oh yeah sorry I forgot you only dance at balls" I say, I grab her by the arm anyway and pull her up with me.
"What do I do?" She asks with stupidity in her voice. I place her soft hands on my shoulders and my hands on her hips, I make them sway from side to side, "see baby, your a natural" "ha" she shouts "of course I can do this, I'm used to waltzing" I shake my head at her. "Show off" she giggles cutely. She looks perfect, she's so irresistible, I kiss her and she holds onto me tight.

"I'm really bad at this, sorry to interrupt again" August says as he comes traipsing over to Regina and I holding a tray with shot glasses filled to the brim with a red liquid. We laugh at him, "come sit" he says as he points over to our empty table.

"Okay 1 2 3" I shout before throwing me head back and tipping the contents of the glass in my mouth. About 10 shots later I could hardly keep my own head up, I was having a great night with my favourite people, I didn't want it too end.
My parents joined a drunken Regina, August and I, they were probably shocked to see the amount of empty glasses that were painted over the table. Regina tapped her long, black, polished nail on the side of a glass making it clink loudly. "I would like to make an announcement" she says slurring her words. We all look at her, my eyes intently focus on her perfect features. "Emma will you and Henry move in with me forever so we can finally be a proper family, I know it's soon but I love you and this is what I want" I smile widely at my beautiful girlfriend that sat before me. "Of course I will" I say as I squeeze her tightly in my arms. I look at my parents who have a light smile on there faces, "we are happy for you guys" my dad says with a slight tipsiness to his voice. "Take care of her" August says in a sort of threatening way to Regina. I giggle at him drunkingly, "I couldn't be in saver hands" I say to my best friend as I place my hand on top of his.

Well into the night Regina and I stumble home as we are both far too drunk to drive. On the way back we try to stabilise each other but end up falling about laughing at every step we take. Once we get back to Reginas house, now also mine we just go to bed. "Goodnight princess" Regina whispers after she strips down too her underwear and climbs into bed (she's clearly too drunk to go and change into a pair of pyjamas. I do the same as I tuck myself in next to Regina and hold her tight, "goodnight Gina" I reply but Regina has already fell into a very peaceful sleep. I lie and stare at the ceiling, I was going to be doing this every night for the rest of my life... Hopefully. I couldn't of been happier.