Start of Something New

Authors Note
So I'm well aware that I said that the last chapter would of been the final one and I feel like I ended it in a good place but let's be honest this is OUAT...who ever gets a true happy ending? So I'm continuing it; this fanfic is my baby, I've been writing it for 2 years and I'm not ready for it to be over so fasten your seat belts because this could be a roller coaster of emotions if everything goes as planned.

The celebrations continued deep into the night, I had never seen everyone so united and at peace. "May I have this dance Princess" I heard a familiar accent whisper into my ear from beyond me. I turned and was my jaw fell along with the glass of wine that was in my hand. "Neal..." I said lightly with a shaking voice that could not be steadied even if I tried. He smiled and looked at the floor "hey Em." I shook my head and took a step back, "no...no this can't be real. You're dead; I held you. I seen you die" tears escaped my eyes "you died in my arms this isn't real" he places a warm hand on the side of my face which fills me with so much comfort "I'm here; really here" he says. I put my hand on top of his and hold on tightly hoping that I don't wake up from what felt like an amazing dream. "How? How is this even possible" he sighs softly "your daughter...she triggered the portal door from the underworld to be opened. She has so much magic concealed in her that it overflowed to burst through to another world. I saw my chance to get back to you and Henry and I took it; I know many others did too so anyone could be wandering around" I nod "I knew that her magic was strong but I never thought it could do this-" before I get the chance to continue I'm almost knocked over by my son "DAD" he yells as he throws himself at his father, Neal smiles a wider smile than I had ever seen before "hey buddy" he says as he holds our son tightly. I wanted to capture this moment in my mind forever but it was quickly over "wait how is this possible?" Henry says sounding perplexed. Neal repeats himself over and over again as he tells the story to my parents, then close friends and then finally the moment I was dreading...Regina. "So what's the deal with you two?" He asks curiously. Regina rolls her eyes as the clear territorial jealousy kicks into action. "There is no deal. We are married" she puts her arm around my shoulders and pulls me in closer. "Oh..." Neal says sounding both sad and confused. "I didn't know you swung both ways Emma" I knew that by that he was referring to my sexuality. "I don't..." I whispered "I loved you that's a fact but I hadn't found myself. I'm gay Neal...110% gay; all women, well woman. Regina is the love of my life" He smiles as he wraps his arms around me "god I'm so happy for you" he whispers. I hold onto him, Neal had always been a familiar and safe place for me, ever since I was a kid I had him.
"Dad this is Brandon...my boyfriend" Henry says as he introduces him to his father. Brandon seemed confused on how Henrys deceased father was here but when magic is involved anything can happen and I think he knows that. Neal puts his hand out and shakes Brandon's "it's great to meet you Mr Cassidy" Brandon says politely. "You two Brandon" he smiles. I could only imagine that all of this was a lot for him to take in. To find out the only potential love of his life and his son are gay doesn't come easy. "Actually I think I should change that; mums, dad... this is Brandon, my fiancé" "oh Henry!!!" Gina says as she wraps our boy up in her arms. I feel myself tearing up. I congratulate them and hug them tightly as does Neal. "I can't believe my baby is going to get married!" Regina cries. "We were going to tell you sooner but with everything going on with Mary-Erin we figured that we should wait" Regina; who is still overwhelmed hugs them both tightly. "Well are you ready for the rest of the kingdom to know?" She asks curiously. "They will need to know eventually" Henry says with a shrug.
Henry and Brandon take to the front where a platform with an orchestra sits. "Uh hey everyone could we please have your attention" Henry says nervously as the full ballroom falls silent and turns to focus all of their attention on him. "So we have some big news and I couldn't think of a better time to say it... last month Brandon asked me to marry him and I said yes! So Brandon and I will be getting married-" a sinister laugh breaks out from a back corner of the room "I don't think so darling" Cruella Deville emerges from the darkness that lurks in the corner. "She's back" I whisper as I take hold of Reginas hand as the flashing memories of me killing her flood my mind.