Baby Showers

Today Regina and I are going for the last baby scan. The nurse gets the machine set up as Regina changes into her hospital gown. The hospital visit proceeds and soon I see my baby up on the screen, bobbing around inside my wife's stomach. I feel for Reginas hand and she lightly squeezes it. I hear her sniffle and turn to see her wipe a tear from her cheek as we hear our child's perfectly, strong heart beat. "Do you want to know the sex?" The nurse asks in a sugar sweet voice. Regina and I look at each other, we didn't really know if we wanted to know, we hadn't actually discussed it. "It's your call baby" I say as I smile at her. She nods her head, "yeah I want to know" she says to the nurse. She starts looking through files before she looks up and gives us a huge grin. "Okay you will be having a..."

Regina and I are still ecstatic about the sex of our baby. We had our name and we were ready for the up coming weeks. My mother thought it would be necessary to hold a baby shower so at about 7 that night friends, the same ones from the bridal shower started appearing at our door carrying gifts.

"Okay so it was your last scan! Are use going to tell us the sex or is Grandma having to wait" my mom says. Everyone laughs a little as my mother looks no where near old enough to be a grand mother. "So are you gonna tell us?" Ruby adds. Regina and I look at each other and nod. "Okay everyone Emma and I are having a little girl!" Regina says as I loop my arm around her waist. The room bursts into cheers. "I'm going to spoil her and take her shopping and she's going to be my princess" my mom yells. She was more excited than Regina and I combined. I touch my moms arm and she smiles at me. I knew that my mom always wanted a little girl and yes she had me but we didn't have the mother- daughter relationship that she wanted, granted we have that now but it's not the same. I knew my mother would treat her granddaughter like the little girl she never got to cherish.
The night went on and Ashley started talking to Regina about baby tips, Regina of course already new all of this after bringing Henry up single handed but I was useless so I listened in and picked up some tips. "Does it hurt?" Regina asks with a splash of fear tethered to her voice. Auroras head nodded and so did my moms. Ashley's face made it obvious that she was contemplating her answer. Regina looked at me and I nodded, "HELL YES" I shout "but it's worth it, well for you it will be, when it was me I didn't get much worth until 11 years later" Regina grins at me and rubs her hand up my arm.
"So, are you going to tell us the name?" Aurora asked after we opened a lot of beautiful gifts, all of which were unisex clothing and toys due to the fact that no one knew what the gender of our child was.  "Regina and I haven't put much thought into the name but we both like it and we are sure it's what we want to call our daughter" I say, Regina continues "our daughter will be called Princess Mary-Erin" my mom gasps and then clasps her hands to her mouth. "Mary-Erin as in Mary Margaret" we both nod and then I reach out and squeeze her hand, "yeah mom, your going to be one of the most important people in our daughters life and we want her to have part of you with her. If we had a boy he was getting called David so Mary-Erin worked" I say as I watch my mom wipe a tear from her glazed eye. "It's beautiful" Ruby says as she nods her head.
After everyone left Regina and I took all of the gifts up to the nursery we had put in for Mary-Erin, it was pure white, with white furniture. We had a beautiful mobile hanging over the crib, my mother told me it was my mobile from when I was born, we got it from Gold. We began putting away all of the gifts, putting baby books on the shelves, hanging up tiny, little outfits and decorating with a lot of stuffed toys. We gazed around the room when the front door shut and Henry shouted upstairs to announce that he was home, "Hen, we are in the nursery!" I shout down to him, he wanders up. "Wow! moms this is beautiful!" He says as he looks around with exasperation on his face. "It's almost time" he says as he reaches us both and wraps his arm around us both. I remember when I would hold him and look down at his small and cute little face, now he was looking down at us, our little boy was growing, growing into an amazing young man. I wish time would just slow down... I take that back, I don't think the people of Storybrooke would appreciate being frozen in time after being at a stand still for 28 years. "I'm proud of you both" Henry says as he places a kiss on Reginas cheek. My family was amazing and I was so happy that our new addition, our special little girl would be joining us in less than 2 weeks. My family was complete and I couldn't ask for anything better.