11. Promise

Mercy P.O.V

"You? Suho Dongsaeng?" he pointed towards me. I shook my head. Why in the earth he have to be Omma's Friend son. 'Mercy you're screwed' I said to myself.

"Yah! Why are you shouting at her" His Mom hit his arm. "I heard you both are in same class" Omma asked him. Instead of answering her he looked at me confused? Or May be angry?

"I'm Sorry Mrs.Kim but I've to talk to Mercy. Excuse us" He held my wrist dragged me out from the Restaurant. I don't know where he was taking me. After 5 Mins of walking, no dragging we reached a park. He let go my hand, "Explain". He crossed his arm. I blinked plainly.

"Don't look like a innocent. For God damn how are you Suho's Dongsaeng?" He yelled. I flinched and took a step back. I'm not sure should I tell him or not. "If you not open your mouth, I'll call Suho".

if he talk to Suho directly it may cause a problem between them. I'm not willing to cause a problem. "This is not Happening. I'm going to call him" He took his phone out.

"No Luhan. Stop it" I stopped him, "I'll tell you" He looked at me. "My dad passed away so my Mom can't afford tuition fees for me and my younger brother. So she decided to make her best friend to adopt me. When I came here Two weeks ago I came to know that Suho doesn't know anything about it. After his mom explained everything to him he was totally mad. Still now he didn't accept me as his sister".

I didn't realized I was crying until I feel hot liquid fell from my cheeks. "Please don't hate him for hiding this from you all. He doesn't like me at all. So please. Don't hate him" I begged him through my tears. He made me sit on the bench, "Don't move, I'll be back" He went away.

I don't know where he went. Mostly I'm scared what will happen next?

Luhan P.O.V

I can't believe she gone through this. Who can let her own daughter for adoption. It's only Two weeks. In that two weeks we made her life miserable in school. When she cried, my heart aches. This is first time I saw a girl crying in front of me for a valuable reason.

I was totally mad at Suho for hiding this from us. But if it happens same to me, May be I'll also do the same. I went to store bought tissues and Popsicles for us. When I went back I saw Mercy hugging her knees and burying her face on her knees.

"Yah!" I called her. She looked up. Oh man her cheeks are red like her eyes. I gave her a tissue. She wiped her tears. I gave her popsicles. I sat next to her. I started to eat mine. I looked at her. She was staring at the Popsicles.

"Yah! Don't stare at that. Eat" She started to eat. "After you come to our school I saw how he behaves. Whenever we talk about you. He tried to change the subject. You know something, when Eunji threaten you he warned her to stay away from you".

"He did?" Her eyes widen. I nodded, "I thought it was weird. But I didn't know that this will be reason". I don't know why I'm telling this to her.

"Um.. Uh.. Luhan" I turned to her. "Can you keep this as a secret in between us?" She asks while looking at ground. "If others came to know about this I know they'll hate him. I know that he feel ashamed of me. So can you please keep this in between us"

Who is she kidding? Why he feel ashamed to tell others that she is his sister. She is one of the amazing girl I've met. I can't talk this about to Suho. I don't know if he really thinks same as her. I sighed. "Who else know other than me?" I asked her.

"Hana and Myungsoo" obviously they know. Because they're the only people she knows. "I can keep it as a secret" Her face lighten up. "Promise?" She showed her pinky finger to me. I mentally laughed how she looks cute. Ok cut it off Luhan. I joined my finger to her. "I promise". She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much Luhan. It's really mean a lot me. For a second I thought you'll threaten me to join in Exo-wings. But being a gentleman you didn't".

I mentally slapped myself. Why I didn't think about that. If I said that now, my gentleman image will be ruined. "Keep one thing in your mind. This will not change anything between us" I said.

She pouted and nodded her head. Oh man she is such a kid. I quickly stood, "Let's go back to restaurant. They may wait for us" I started to walk. She runs to catch me.

We reached. Both of our Mom looked at us. "Where you guys went?" My Mom asked us. "Um.." "To discuss about our project" Mercy came with a lie. "Yeah project." I sheepishly smiled at them. "You should have told us." Mrs.Kim said. "Sorry Mrs.Kim it's my fault" I bowed at her. "It's ok dear" she tapped my shoulder. "OMO. Did my son just Apologize or I'm hearing things??" My Mom dramatically closed her mouth. Usually I won't apologize to anyone. "Mom it's enough" I feel embarrassed. "Thank you for the delicious brownie. I loved it" Mrs.Kim said.

I saw Mercy pouted. When I came here, I saw she having her brownie with ice cream. She must really liked it. "We're leaving. We will meet you later".

"Thank you mam" Mercy bowed at my Mom. "Oh dear you can call me Mrs.Lu" my Mom hugged her. They said their goodbye. "I'll meet you at school" She said awkwardly. I nodded my head. After that they both went home. Mercy Catherine. She is really something.

Mercy P.O.V

I'm glad that Luhan made a promise with me. I thought he is a jerk, but he is not. I told Hana and Myungsoo what happened between me and Luhan. They didn't believe that Luhan was being a Gentleman. When they know I'm serious they believed me.

Myungsoo and Hana came to my Home to help me with a Project. Omma cooked us delicious food. My Library work will be Starting from next month. I'm so glad I didn't mess with anyone for a week except on Monday. Sometime Sehun will annoy me. But I don't pay any attention to him. More than that I didn't saw Eunji. I think it's because of Suho.

On Friday we submitted our project. At weekend Omma and Appa took me to the mall for shopping. They bought me lots of dress and other stuffs. I'm happy that they treat me as their own daughter. But I didn't fully accept them. I still love my parents and My brother. I hope Everything will be perfect.

As soon as we reached home. I went to my room and took bath. Appa called me, so I went to him. He sitting on the couch. He patted next to him. I sat there.

"How is your school so far?" He asked me. "It's good. I'm really enjoying it." I half lied. "Mercy if you have any problem in school you can tell me. Like if anyone bully you?" I shook my head. "No. No one bully me" I quickly said.

"It's good to know. Mercy I know I can't fulfil your heart as your Dad. But I'll try my best to make you to feel as your Dad" He said while held my hands. "And also I know this all too sudden for you to accept. If you have any problem or if you need anything, feel free to tell me. I'll do anything for my daughter" he caressed my cheeks. I was taken back by his words.

He is seeing me as his daughter only I'm not accepting the fact. "Thank You Appa" tears formed in my eyes. He wiped it, "Don't cry" He hugged me. I hugged him back. "You guys forgot me" Omma dramatically crossed her arms. "Omma you can join us" I called her. Soon she joined in our hug.

As soon as we released the hug Appa gave me cover. I opened it, there is a card. I looked at him. "It's a platinum Card. You can use this for your expenses" I gasp. I immediately stood. And gave it back to him."No. I can't accept this".

"Mercy don't get nervous. You're our daughter. It's our responsibility to give you what you need. I know you feel embarrassed to approach us for your every needs. You can use this for your needs" Omma said. "Suho too have one. So you're keeping this for yourself. And that's final." she handed me the card.

I was totally speechless. They're treating me like their own daughter. I won't let them down. I promised to myself to behave like their daughter.

------------------------------------------------------