Chapter Three: Fatten Me Now, Eat Me Later

To be honest, I wasn't in the most comfortable predicament.

Kieran stood by his word and brought me to the kitchen for food. I hadn't realized Marilyn would be there as well, though.

She was sitting at the table when we walked in. Her attention was focused solely on her cellphone. Her blonde hair was wet indicating she most likely just had a shower which made me even more self conscious than usual. I knew for a fact that I smelled and looked horrible.

Kieran more or less ordered me to sit down at the table with her. I obeyed him and sat at the table. Marilyn looked at me from the corner of her eye for just a moment and then looked back down at her phone.

"Any notice from Bolton?" Kieran asked out loud.

"No, not since yesterday," Marilyn murmured in response. Kieran let out a low growling noise which made me jump. Marilyn snapped her head up in annoyance.

"Do you want to know how close the bordering packs are getting or not?" She stated with an angry tone that I could tell by the look on Kieran's face that he did not like at all. "That's what I thought," she said returning back to whatever she was doing on her phone.

I wanted to ask about the bordering packs. I wanted to know how many there were, if they were friendly, or who they even were. I didn't, though. Marilyn and Kieran both seemed angered by the topic, so I didn't want to make it any worse. I still didn't trust these people, and I definitely don't trust Marilyn. I wouldn't be surprised if she stabbed me with the fork that I ended up eating with.

I looked back to watch Kieran as he started breaking eggs into a pan. A delicious aroma instantly permeated the room. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing as he grabbed random spices and such from a cupboard to the left of him and sprinkled them into the pan.

The amazing smell had my stomach rumbling in hunger from my lack of food. Kieran turned his head to the side to look at me. Hey eyes scanned up and down my body once before turning around to focus on what he was making. I on the other hand looked down at the table. My cheeks flushing a deep red.

Marilyn chuckled quietly at my embarrassment. I just kept my head down, listening to the sizzles coming from the pan.

Soon enough, a plate was set in front of me on the table. I lifted my head to see the largest pile of eggs I have ever set eyes on. My mouth hung open in awe as I looked up at Kieran who looked down at me with a serious expression.

"Eat," he ushered. I gulped and looked down at the food. I felt my stomach tense up from hunger and nerves. I didn't know what was in the eggs. How would I know he wasn't trying to poison me? "You need to eat so your human strength can grow. Without it, your wolf can overpower you at anytime which is why you have a difficult time controlling her."

My stomach growled once again indicating my hunger as I moved my gaze down to the plate of eggs. They looked so good, but in my defense they could have been a large plate of deep-fried ants and I would have eaten them.

I looked back up at Kieran once more with a nervous expression before cutting a piece of an egg with my fork. I popped the egg into my mouth and was immediately greeted by a delicious burst of flavor. I inwardly moaned at the taste and immediately began indulging in the rest.

The amazing feeling of my stomach not aching for once seemed to make me forget that I was in the presence of two extremely dangerous people eating food that one of them had just made for me.

I was halfway done with the plate when I heard the sound of another plate hit the table. I looked up from my plate of eggs to see Kieran placing another plate on the table. This time, the plate was piled with anything from bacon to hash browns.