Chapter Fifteen: Another Day in Paradise

Eli was a good brother. I mean that with every ounce of respect in me. He was truly the brother I had always hoped for.
I felt bad for using him in this way, but it was my only option. It was my only idea.

Eli and I had settled on some terms considering getting down to the cells wasn't as easy as saying the sentence itself.

The cells were not only locked but guarded, as well. The key to get past the three doors to actually enter the cells was in Jale's office, hopefully. No one really uses that key besides Jale himself, so Eli said it wouldn't be a surprise of it was on Jale's own personal keychain instead of pack-house security.

Eli said it would be much easier to access the key around six in the evening. Men are let off their posts in the pack house to go and enjoy dinner. Jale also takes that time to go with his mate, Stiletta. There would still be people scouting the area, but not as heavily. Eli thinks he can just slip into Jale's office, grab the keys, and make a clean get away. I have my doubts, but he seems pretty confident in himself.

From there, we would have to find a weak spot amongst the three ways to get into the cells. It only made sense to me to just kill the people in our way, but Eli informed me that this wasn't some moderately popular television show where werewolves can just kill people without consequences. Oh no, there's laws involving werewolf murders. Not only do humans get involved, but a 'werewolf council' does, too. Eli didn't really explain much to me about that, but apparently they keep a pretty close eye on our pack because they are close with my mom somehow.

I sat in my room for a while after that just watching old videos of Alex and Greyson. Some videos included Jale and Eli, but most just had a Riley when he was very little. I learned through the videos that Riley was Greyson's brother. That's why they looked so similar.

About a quarter till six, Eli came up to my room to put our plan in progress. I was nervous, but my wolf was humming loudly knowing she was going to see her mate. I just hoped this worked so she didn't get angry and attack everyone in this pack starting with Eli.

Eli and I walked up to the top level of the pack house where Jale's office was. Every step we took up the stairs made me feel nauseous. I was terrified that I would be caught and as punishment they would do something to Kieran to get back at me. I don't think I would be able to control myself if they did that.

"You okay?" Eli whispered as he looked at my paling face. We were standing around the corner, down the hall from Jale's office waiting for him to come out.

I gulped and nodded my head.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I lied. Eli rolled his eyes and turned back to peeking around the corner. Suddenly, I hear the click of a door knob followed by a lady talking.

"I think we should really go out tonight for dinner, though," the woman said.

"Why would we do that?" I recognized Jale say in response.

"Because your sister just returned. We can celebrate! Plus, I'm really craving some Chinese food," she replied as they walked down the hall and disappeared down the stairs.

"Who was that?" I asked Eli.

"Stiletta," he answered quietly. "Stay here, I'm going to go find that key," he said before taking off down the hall and into the office.