Chapter Twenty One: Scar Collection

My eyes slowly peeled open after feeling a very familiar crick in my neck. I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut again realizing I was back in my own room in my own bed. I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed because as soon as I woke up, I felt mad for absolutely no reason. I brought my hands up to rub my sore neck, but regretted it instantly.

As soon as my hand made contact with the base of my neck, tingles shot through my neck and hand. Naturally, I spazzed not expecting the familiar feeling which caused the crick in my neck to scream out in pain.

"Ah," I groaned out squeezing my eyes shut even tighter as I tried ignoring the pain of a broken neck. "Who the hell?" I asked aloud to literally no one. My eyes snapped open in realization as I remembered everything from what I assume was yesterday. Kieran snapped my neck.

That bitch.

I angrily sat up and ripped the sheets off of myself. I was about to charge off of the bed, but I had to take a small break when the crick in my neck thought it was necessary to start hurting again. Once the pain in my neck went away, I stood up off of the bed and made my way to the bathroom. Thankfully, I didn't have to take a break for my neck again.

I stopped in front of the mirror and squinted noticing the way my shirt was sticking to the base of my neck. I pulled away my shirt to reveal something that startled me.

No, I was completely thrown off.

On the base of my neck was a bite mark. It was obvious that it was a bite mark. You could see all of the teeth indents from the culprit. I didn't know what freaked me out, though. The fact that you could tell something with very sharp canines had bitten a good portion of my neck, or the fact that the bite mark was completely healed and had already scarred over. I gulped and touched the mark again. I never had a scar.

The same tingles shot through me from earlier when my hand came in contact with it making my wolf hum quite loudly.

In that moment, I heard my door open quite swiftly if I may add.

"Eli's here," Eli shouted out. Why was he in such a good mood? Damn, why was I in such a bad one?

Pushing away my own thoughts, I walked out of the bathroom and stopped in the doorway with my shirt still tugged down. Eli was standing there with a mega watt smile that disappeared when his eyes landed on me. Well, my neck. His icy, blue eyes widened, and his jaw clenched.

"I think Kieran bit me," I stated accusingly as I could feel the anger that flooded my system spewing out. Eli walked over to me swiftly. He stopped directly in front of me and pulled the shirt completely away from the Kieran's bite mark. He looked at it intently for a moment before his face turned angry. His jaw clenched even tighter as a growl ripped through the room. It startled me seeing as I had never seen Eli actually get mad.

"What do you mean you think he bit you?" I could hear the anger in Eli's voice which made my wolf mad. She growled which in turn fueled my angry fire that I still had no clue why it was even present.

"There's a spark," I snapped at him. "Got any other people that can cause that besides my mate?" Eli glared up at me obviously not appreciating my tone with him. My features softened knowing he was only trying to help. I sighed and pulled away from him. I pulled my shirt back up to cover Kieran's bite.

"When we were training-well, we didn't even really train," I trailed off getting angry recalling the fact that not only did he bite me, but he snapped my neck which cut our time together by a lot. Eli looked at me with a face that just screamed 'will you just get on with the story'. I cleared my throat and touched the bite through the shirt. The sparks were still there, but they were much more subtle. "We were...talking," I lied. I wasn't about to tell my brother that Kieran and I had a brief make out in the training room. "He grabbed my face and said something like 'I'm only doing this because I love you'. I thought he was going to kiss me, but no! His teeth went all psycho, and he snapped my neck! Then, I woke up with a stiff neck and a huge bite mark! He could have killed me!" I shouted growing angry again. Was he trying to kill me? I can honestly say that the thought of Kieran wanting to kill me hadn't crossed my mind in a while.