Chapter Twenty Two: Calm Down, Satan

I was reluctant on leaving Kieran. If anything, I intended on not leaving him at all. I had basically tried to attach myself to him so that no one could take me away from him again. That didn't quite work. I was eventually pulled away from Kieran, but it was not easy.

It took five men including Jale and my father to get me out of whatever abuse room we were in. Kieran tried keeping me from being hauled away, but he could only do so much. His hands were literally tied.

With a lot of man power and a sedative, I was eventually moved back to my room where I woke up.

I had basically set up camp once again in my room. I was being petty, I know, but I couldn't help my anger. Not only was I mad, but so was my wolf.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. Ever since Kieran gave me his stupid bite, I haven't been myself. I was ten times more on edge with everything. I felt tired, angry, and I snapped at Eli more times in the past two days than I can count. Honestly, I had contemplated ripping apart this pack apart one werewolf at a time.

Alex attempted making conversation with me, but I just ignored her. Actually, I just shut the door in her face.

I've been getting a bit more confident in my actions toward her and-well-everyone.

Since then, Eli has been the only one coming up to see me no matter how many times I act rudely toward him or just blatantly ignore him. I even tossed a lamp at him-which he dodged by the way.

I chuckled at the thought of the small lamp missing his head by just mere centimeters making his blue eyes narrow at me. I growled at him and matched his stare. Eli rolled his eyes and shook his head looking away from me. He stood up off of my bed and started walking towards the door before pausing.

"You know," Eli stated turning back to look at me, "just because you can feel Kieran's irritability through that mark, doesn't mean you have to express it." His tone was cold making my eyebrows knit together.

"What are you talking about?" Something must have clicked in his brain as his angry expression softened. He sighed and ran his hand through his brown hair. I watched him closely as he made his way back over to the bed and sat down.

"Okay," he started as he looked at the very visible bite mark on my neck, "that's a mark." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Eli, I'm not a god damn idiot-"

"I never said you were," Eli interrupted me making me sigh out of annoyance. "Then again, you're a werewolf who has no idea what the meaning of a mark is."

"I know what a mark is," I snapped feeling even more anger rise through my body. Anger that I didn't even understand why I had. Eli raised his right brow at me waiting for an explanation. "It's like a status symbol or something. It shows like-hey! My mate is an Alpha. Fight me." Eli was obviously not impressed by my explanation.

"You just insulted the Moon Goddess and mates everywhere," he said with all seriousness making me glare. "A mark isn't just some 'status symbol', Grey. A mark ties you to someone. It connects you with your other half in ways that humans will never understand. A mark allows you to feel your mate's every emotion, their pain, everything," he spoke so passionately. He looked lost in thought for a moment before his gaze settled back on me. "Kieran's mark isn't just some bond to you. That mark is a warning to every other male who may feel the want to mate you himself." I grimaced in disgust.