Calfreezy & Zoe

This was requested by @thornhoran
Hope you like it!

*Zoe's POV*
I sighed and watched Cal edit, he hadn't paid any attention to me since I entered the room 10 minutes ago. I was disappointed that he didn't care to even ask me how I was, we hadn't seen each other for months and after this visit, we probably wouldn't see each other again for months.

I scrolled through my phone to entertain myself, my heart slowly sinking. I wasn't paying attention to what was on my phone, my vision was blurred by tears. Cal knew I was coming over and we had planned what we would do over the phone, but none of that was happening.

I was crazy for this boy, and I was under the impression that he was crazy for me too. Obviously not. We had spoken day and night and we were so sweet to each other. But all I could feel in that room was bitterness.

I took a deep breath in and blinked away my tears. This was pointless. I got up and left the room, joining Sarah in the kitchen.

"Hey Zoe. Are you ok?" Sarah asked, looking up from the vegetables she was chopping. I nodded and faked a smile. Sarah gave me a disapproving look and put her knife down, walking over to me and leading me to the living room. We sat down on the sofa, I stared out at the view while Sarah looked at me.

"Zoe, what's wrong?" Sarah asked, concerned.

I looked down at my hands, sniffing a little as I felt fresh tears in my eyes. "Cal... He's not... Doing anything. He's not paying attention to me. He doesn't care about me." I said, my voice breaking as I started crying. Sarah looked at me sympathetically and pulled me into a hug.

I knew it seemed like I was over-reacting, but Cal really did mean a lot to me. And the things we had talked about, I was sure we were more then friends. The way he called me princess, or doll, the way he would spam me while I was asleep with beautiful messages of how he missed me or how much he wished I was with him. Did those not mean anything to him?

"Zoe, don't cry. Maybe you should tell him how you feel, get him to talk." Sarah comforted me.

I shook my head. "No, he'll just ignore me or something, besides I'm going home in 10 minutes, there's no point in doing anything now."

"Just try Zoe. And if anything ever happens, I'm right here. We'll kill him together and feed him to Cal." Sarah laughed.

"Why would you feed him to Cal?" I laughed.

"That man is hungry. He's already eaten lunch with all of us, but now he's making me cook again so he can eat his second lunch! Maybe eating Freezy will make the hippo full." Sarah chuckled.

"Thanks Sarah." I smiled.

"Don't thank me. Now go for it!"

I took a deep breath and nodded. I got up from the sofa and walked to Freezy's door. I looked back at Sarah and she gave me a reassuring nod. I smiled at her then walked into the room.

Cal ignored my presence and had his eyes stuck to his screen, exactly the way he had been for the last 20 minutes. I sighed and walked up behind him, observing his body. His shoulders were hunched up slightly from stress, his hair pointed upwards from the numerous times he had run his hands through them. He was perfect.

I felt a sudden urge to run my hands through his hair. I took a deep breath. I wouldn't see him again in months, and we probably wouldn't speak again anyways considering that visit was going so bad. I picked up my courage and raised my hand to his hair, running it through. He froze and stared at his screen, searching for a reflection so he could see what was happening. I continued running my hands through his hair, biting my lip as I feared he would move away, but he didn't. He stayed still for a while, and then carried on editing. I smiled, his hair felt and looked gorgeous.

"I'm leaving now." I whispered. "I'll miss you gummy bear." I smiled, reminding him of how we had nicknames for each other, reminding him of those long conversations. I leaned over the back of his chair and kissed him on the cheek. He turned his head and looked at me for the first time, a sad expression on his face. I gave him a sad smile and straightened up.

I turned away and started walking towards the door when I was suddenly pulled back, a pair of lips meeting mine. I melted into the kiss, savouring each moment. We pulled away from each other, Cal was crying.

"I'm sorry, don't leave."

"Cal..." I held his hand in between mine.

"I'm sorry I ignored you, I was nervous and scared and... And I don't want you to leave. I like you Zoe, I always have. I'm just.. Shy and I'm afraid of saying it out loud." He stuttered out, shaking a little.

"Cal... It's ok."

"No, no. I can say it over texts but not in real life. I'm pathetic."

I shook my head. "Cal, whether you said it through texts or to my face, you said it right? And I heard it... Or read it." I chuckled. "But at the end of the day, you finally spoke to me. And something more then that, you... You kissed me." I blushed, looking down.

"And that's something I want to do in real life, rather then send emojis." Cal spoke up, lifting my chin so I looked up at him. "I missed you princess." He whispered, smiling. I smiled back up at him. "I missed you too gummy bear."

He pushed my hair out of my face and pecked my lips. "Don't leave yet." He whispered, squeezing my hand. I nodded, pecking his lips again. The boy I had texted day and night was real, and I finally had him in my arms.