Gray X Reader : Cold Shoulder

A/N: So my first One-Shot for Natsu X Reader was crazy, I know. However, I just HAD to write it for my own self so ignore it if you want to xD Here is Gray X Reader! I am thinking of doing either Loke X Reader next or maybe a NaLu One-Shot.. Or should I go in an order? Like Reader X (character) for one and the next one be a (Character) X (Character)? Lemme know your thoughts!

You couldn't believe it.

Sure, it was an off-hand comment that you probably weren't suppose to hear in the first place, but still. That didn't matter. The words stung your fragile heart. You were already usually so locked up and cold, a little like Erza,  so when a certain black haired ice-maker mage had somehow gotten into your heart you had been surprised and taken off-guard.

You'd realized your feelings for him pretty recently. It had been when you were about to get attacked on a team mission you were on with him, and he saved you. However, you'd been pretty hurt, and he had carried you (shirtless, mind you, as his habit never left him) to the hotel you had been staying at to take care of you and your wounds. But you had realized you loved him after you had thought that you'd be content to die at that moment, because you were with Gray. That had been a shocking moment, and you had turned a bright pink and gotten very embarrassed.

As the time had passed a little more, you'd gotten more comfortable with the ice mage and you had just wanted to be near him. Juvia hadn't liked that at all. She was always trying to get Gray's attention and would do the craziest things to you just to keep you away from him, which really irked you. Enough so that you wanted to use your magic to fight her off. You never used that though.

Now though, you felt as if your heart was torn out of your chest. Stomped carelessly on by a herd of cattle and tossed through a paper shredder. It was painful, and you turned and quickly left back the way you had came.

You see, you had been going over to Gray to see if he wanted to go with you on a new mission. The mission was a bit dangerous for a wizard like yourself, but you hadn't cared. You wanted to do something that would be fun, and it was a high paying job and you could really use the money.

However, things didn't go the way you had been childishly hoping. When you were walking up, you heard Gray talking to Lucy.

"-and she just won't leave me alone." Gray finished, looking down at his drink. "I don't want to hurt her feelings though. What am I suppose to do?" You were quite surprised Gray was asking Lucy for advice. You were thinking they were talking about you.

"Just tell her how you feel about it. Yeah we girls are soft-hearted and we take things to the heart, but it's the best way. Have you tried explaining any of this to (Y/n)?" Lucy asks, looking at him.

Gray shook his head a bit. "I don't know if I can. " He replied.

At that time, Mira-jane had poked her head into the conversation with a smile on her face. "Am I witnessing the beginning of a confession? Gray-sama, are you going to confess to (Y/n)-sama?" She asked, clearly excited.

"What?! Confess to (Y/n)?" Gray asked incredulously.

"Yeah.  We all know how close you two are." Mira says and she spotted you, but didn't stare and only looked back as if it weren't anything. "Besides I think it would be cute! Don't you think (Y/n) is adorable?"

"No. (Y/n) isn't adorable. Puppies are adorable, but (Y/n).." You didn't hear the rest of that sentence because that is when you had left, feeling the tears fill up. Okay, so maybe there was something more to it, but it still hurt. More-so because Gray had called you adorable on your missions countless times.

After that, you had started to give him the cold shoulder.

Gray couldn't understand what the heck was going on. One day you were all cute and happy, smiling and hanging out with him, and the next you were completely avoiding him. He knew it was you avoiding him, because you would always take Lucy on a mission with you - or even Natsu when Lucy was sick (which gave it away because as an Ice Dragon Slayer, you and Natsu butted heads a lot) - or just tell him you were busy.