Sting x Shy!Powerful!Reader: Underneath Your Skin

A/N: Sope. I try. I think I've said that enough for you to get it by now. Please vote, comment (I personally prefer hearing your thoughts over votes but that's just my opinion), and all that fun stuff! Also, Sting is a bit (lot) OC in this, I know. And it's not my best, (at all) but I have had writer's block for weeks and this is my crappy attempt to get out of the gutter. I promise I will try to make my next update better. Happy Monday! (UGH MONDAYS SUCK JUST LIKE THIS ONE-SHOT I'M SORRY GUYS)

"Fairy Tail is weak."

"Yeah. Ever since that huge group of 'em disappeared on that island they've become so pathetic."

"They're like lost puppy dogs without their master!"

The harsh words spoken about Fairy Tail came from the mouths of his guild members as they walked by. It had been years since the members left, about seven, and Sting wasn't pleased. His entire life he grew up admiring Natsu, and now that he wanted to test his strength against the older dragon slayer, he was dead! There wasn't another Fairy Tail member strong enough or worth his time to battle. However... there was a girl...

No! You can't think about her! Sting mentally chided himself for thinking about you, knowing it was futile. You were a member of Fairy Tail. Not only that, but you were the only member in the guild worthwhile. You were a mystery. There was something about you that was off. He was drawn to it. Like why you always wore a cloak. Just a simple white hooded cloak with the Fairy Tail symbol on it. Nothing like a guild master cloak, but just a regular hooded cloak. He knew what it was.

The cloak masked magical power.

No one knew how strong or weak you were.

Therefore, they all presumed you were weak and everyone was trying to make you seem strong by hiding it. You were probably the weakest member of the guild with the shy personality that you had. But Sting was drawn to you. How could he not be? You were so sweet. Anyone would get help from you - even the people who taunted your guild and throw rocks at you for being in the weakest guild in Fiore. You would of course stand up for your guild, but it was a feeble attempt as your soft nature didn't make it easy for them to listen.

It was in those rare moments that he had a glimpse of your power.

It was terrifying.

You were powerful. More powerful than he sensed his own guild master was. He wondered if maybe you were even more powerful than himself. Which, of course, he would throw the thought aside just as quickly as that overwhelming power emitted from you disappeared.

At the moment, Sting was watching you with Rogue from a distance as you rejoiced in the return of your guildmates. He didn't know why, but he felt a pang of jealousy with the way you effortlessly gave them a large grin and threw your arms around his childhood hero; Natsu Dragneel.

"Natsu-Chan!" You exclaimed happily, held in the arms of the fire dragon slayer. "You're alive!" You were extremely happy. Natsu was like your older brother - not literally, but you grew up close to him, closer than Romeo, and he had taken you on like a little sister.

"(Y/n)!" Natsu exclaimed, eyes bugging out of his head in shock. "You've grown up so much! You were so little.. THIS IS NOT OKAY!"

You giggle a little at his reaction and then let him go before shyly approaching the rest of the returning guildmembers and giving them each a hug. When you get to Lisanna, she whispers in your ear that she had a lot to tell you about the NaLu moments on Tenrou Island and you giggle a little, rolling your eyes playfully at her excitement and then move onto the next person. This line went on for a while.

Everyone was back, and that is what made you the most excited. They weren't dead. They were all alive and well. However, it was strange, because they were all the exact same age as when they left, even though it had been seven years. No one was concerned enough to ask though, because at the moment they were all happy that the guild was back together. Erza squashed you in a hug and demanded to know if any boys were hitting on your or giving you any problems. Once you blushed and told her that boys didn't like you, it got worse. She went on about you being amazing and boys being blind and ignorant (and she proceeded to march out of the guild on a rampage embarrassing you by shouting at everyone who dared question her).