Gray x Sarcastic!Outcast!Reader: Not Alone

A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner. Like first it was school then friends dragging me freakin' everywhere. Couldn't get a break! By the way, in this you are a.. uh... we're gonna make you a... well I'm not sure yet so just continue to read to find out your magical abilities. Thanks and enjoy! Or.. be disappointed like I was with myself. Either way.

You sat in a corner table in the guild, alone as usual, watching the rest of the guild. They were all enjoying themselves, being loud and rowdy - which came as no surprise to you since this was the normal routine here at Fairy Tail. Natsu was standing on a table towards the front of the room blowing fire through his lips, Erza was eating her strawberry cheesecake, Lucy was standing in front of the board with her back towards it and waving her arms frantically while complaining to Natsu about her rent, and Mira walked around serving people while being flirted with by pretty much every male in the guild excluding Natsu and Gray and definitely including Macao.

Sometimes it was hard for you to remember why you joined the rambunctious guild, and today was one of those days. It wasn't what you wanted to do, sit there and question your life choices (especially those pertaining to Fairy Tail, because let's be honest it was best just to go with it when it came to the crazy, well-known guild). However, being that you were always doing things alone in the guild, it was hard to feel that same 'family bond' that everyone else so passionately fought for. You knew that you were included in that to them, but it hardly felt like it.

It was proven though. Once.

You had tried to leave the guild, once, and it was the stupidest thing you could have done. Long story short, everyone found out (you were pretty sure Makarov "accidentally" let it slip to Mira who never knew how to keep her mouth shut) and Erza tied you up while Gray froze your feet into the ground, Freed set up enchantments around you so you couldn't leave even if you had managed to get out of the restraints, and Natsu... he nearly set the place on fire. Point is, it was clear they wouldn't let you leave. It was the only time you had thought about leaving, but not the last time you had felt out of place.

A soft sigh escaped your lips as you reached over to grab your drink and brought it to your lips. Only, when you went to take a sip, you realized the drink had been frozen. Blinking in confusion, you glance around to look for the only person you knew who would do such a thing. When you caught the gaze of the culprit who was grinning back at you nonchalantly, you glared.

"Thanks, Gray. Because I wanted  to have a popsicle in the middle of winter!" You sarcastically call out over the rush of Fairy Tail normalcies.

 Gray simply shrugged and took a sip of his own drink, a smirk slightly hidden by the cup. You huff and then roll your eyes. He was sure something. What that something was, you still weren't entirely sure. Honestly it was the same way with the entirety of the guild. You weren't sure what to think about most of them.

A couple of hours had passed and you were rubbing your forehead with your fingers in an attempt to massage away the headache you had. The uncomfortable chair was really starting to make your butt go numb and your eyelids were drooping. Exhaustion crept into your bones as you gave up on ridding the headache and slumped down in the chair, letting your head carelessly fall onto your arms which were folded on the counter of the guild hall.

"You plannin' on sittin' here all day or are ya gonna take a job?" You knew who it was the moment they opened their mouth, but you didn't bother to lift up your head.

"Uhngh." Came your half-hearted reply of anguish. An amused laugh caused you to lazily lift your heavy head up just enough to glare at the black haired mage whose blue eyes were so dark they could almost pass for black. "Stop laughing at me, Gray. It's not funny. The guild's giving me a headache." You moaned as you set your head back down onto your arms.

"Awe, c'mon. You know you love us, (Y/n). Besides, you need to pay your rent soon, don't you?" Gray asked.

While you weren't like Lucy - who was obsessed with making sure her rent was paid on time constantly - you did need to get that taken care of, and you needed to take a job to do it. But all of the better paying jobs weren't exactly things you could do alone, and there wasn't a person in the guild you felt like you could ask. They all already had their own little groups. You were the outcast. And you didn't want to bother anyone by asking them to go with you. "Yes.." You admitted.

"Then let's go." Gray said casually.

You blinked and sat up straight, staring at him with wide eyes. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, why not? Natsu and Lucy are going on a job together with Happy and Erza went on a solo S-Class mission. I don't have anyone else to go with," behind a wooden pillar Juvia was half sulking about Gray being able to go with her on a missions and half plotting your murder for catching her Gray-sama's attention, "so I don't see why not." The ice-make wizard shrugged, his shirt having been long gone and showing off his toned body.

"Uh, Gray, your shirt?" You pointed out, blinking. Was he really asking you to go on a job with him? You? The outcast? A slow smile spread to your face as Gray was freaking out about his lack of clothes. "A job sounds nice. You go pick and while I finish up here."

Gray stopped complaining about his habit of losing his clothes and headed over to choose a job. A small smile formed on your face as you sat there watching him. You had a feeling this moment was the dawn of a less lonely time in Fairy Tail. And it was. After that mission, you and Gray had hung out more, and later started dating. It was definitely a strange time for you, the wizard who had been an outcast for so long...

A/N: I know it sucks. I'm not only getting out of writer's block, but I'm getting a little stuck on any ideas for FT one-shots. Like I don't have the muse for half of the one-shots suggested even though I love the ideas. And those I get muse for it's for like a day and then my inspiration depletes halfway through. So I made this kind of short and strange. I love you regardless.