E.N.D x Lucy: The Demon Within

A/N: I'm not going to call this my END theory. This is just a drabble I wrote because I got the idea and I felt the urge to write it. It's not even really a one-shot as much as a drabble so bear with me.

Natsu never loved Lucy.

Or if he had, he didn't ever realize it.

Everyone thought they weren't going to find out though, at least that is what they were thinking as they watched the scene unfold with horror in their eyes. It wasn't how this was suppose to go. None of their plan had worked, and everything had failed them in the end. Why? Well, END was awoken, but the worst part about it, was the reveal itself.

Erza knew Natsu was powerful.

Gray knew Natsu was powerful.

Heck, even Laxus and Gramps knew Natsu was powerful.

But no one could have predicted this.

Natsu....

...was END.

Lucy had the worst reaction of all. Her eyes were wide, quickly filling with tears she was forcing herself to hold inside. Her mouth was wide open but no sound came out as she watched her best friend turn into END. It made sense, thinking about it. END was a flame demon. Natsu was a fire dragon slayer. The demons true forms were called Etherious. When you took Natsu's initials of ND and put Etherious in front of it, you got END. Still, no one would have ever thought that dense, happy-go-lucky Natsu would be the demon they were all determined to defeat.

It broke Lucy's heart.

 But she couldn't kill him. Not Natsu. And she wouldn't let anyone else kill him either. He was still Natsu, still the best friend who saved her on multiple occasions, the same childish boy who got motion sickness and who had uprooted a tree for her to see when she was sick. Even with those horns curling from his spiky pink hair, and the black tendrils slowly appearing on his tanned skin, or the way his eyes seemed to change into a demeaning crimson color. A light pattern of scales were under his eyes, on his cheekbones. If someone didn't know better they'd mistake them for strange freckles.

END's deep red eyes were scanning the group of Fairies, an evil smirk pulling at his lips. The other members of Tartaros were slowly trickling in behind him, victory dancing in their eyes.. With Zeref's most powerful demon woken, nothing could stop them. At least, that is how it seemed to be, from the eyes of both sides - Fairies and Demons.

"Natsu!"

No one was able to stop her.

Lucy ran up to the demon known as END, tears trickling down her cheeks. She couldn't bear to see Natsu like this, it just tore her to shreds. At a young age, she lost her mother, and was ignored by her father. She had no friends. No real family. But then, on that amazing day, she met Natsu - the boy who gave her all of that and more. He saved her. Now it was her turn to save him.

However, Mard Geer was faster than Lucy, and he quickly sent a hit to her stomach that sent her flying into a rock wall. A scream of pain left Lucy's lips, but it was less because of the physical impact and more because of the pain of losing her best friend. No... Natsu was more than that... She didn't just lose her best friend, but she lost the boy she had fallen in love with.. The boy who was always there to put a smile on her face, who encouraged her to never give up.

Much to everyone's surprise, the demon END moved quicker than the speed of light, and had Mard Geer on the ground, squashed beneath one of his feet. "Why the hell did you just do that?" He growled, seemingly angry. No one else around them could understand entirely END was mad at one of his own? He was a demon, so that wasn't surprising, but it just seemed a bit strange.