Mystogan x Reader: Pt 4

A/N: OH MY GOD LIKE SHOULD I JUST RETITLE THIS ENTIRE BOOK: "It was Fairy Tail One-Shots, and then I did a Thing and Now Everyone Only Cares About Mystogan". Like... I feel like that is what this has become xD. Comments now are typically: "This was great... but like.. where is Mystogan pt 4?" Or part three before I wrote it and part two and I am like... Overwhelmed by the responses. Who knew people were so in love with Mystogan? Anyways, HERE YOU GO MY PATIENT LITTLE LAMBS. (Actually, mostly impatient, but I kind of force you to be patient so...)

"Mystogan, don't forget your promise now." You winked  at the mage as you rolled your shoulders, preparing for the journey before you. One of the Dark Guilds in the town of Airedella was causing some trouble, and the two of you were sent to take care of it. It was a typical mission for the two of you.

S-Class mages were the strongest around. Other than one of the Ten Wizard Saints.

But you were more excited about the deal you and Mystogan had made the night he proposed to you. If you got to the leader of the Dark Guild first, and took him out, he would be in the Fantasia Parade with you in the following year. That was your main goal of the day. Though you supposed getting rid of another Dark Guild to ease the minds of the Magic Council wasn't a bad idea either.

A low chuckle came from your fiancé, the smile in his voice. "I won't. Just be careful." He told you, reaching out and gently grabbing your arms, pulling you towards him. "Don't get so caught up in what you want to accomplish that you lose sight of our goal, alright? This isn't a game."

"Of course it isn't." You weren't concerned, though, like he was. You and Mystogan had taken out Dark Guilds was tougher than the one you were about to take on. They were little gold fish compared to the great white sharks you had taken out a month prior. But you didn't want to worry Mystogan more than he already was. He was always like this, worrying.

Sighing, the blue haired male reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I love you, Y/n. Please remember to be safe."

His eyes were full of emotions that you couldn't place all of them, though the most prominent was the love and worry. They were beautiful. You reached up and  brushed your thumb across the red tattoo mark that was under his right eye. "I promise." You murmured.

"Thank you." Mystogan let out a relieved sigh and leaned in, his lips soft against yours.

Recently you seemed to have more and more flashbacks of your accident. You were unsure why they were coming to you, especially since you did your best to keep them in the back of your mind, but they were there. Unmoving. Haunting you day in and day out.

They were like your shadow. Dark and following you everywhere.

"It's so pretty, Mommy!" Jeria called out, catching your attention.

You glance over at the energetic little girl, who was looking intently at the scene before her. Orbs of lightning were floating through the night sky, illuminating the small courtyard in front of the guildhall. The real show were the flowers, which were shimmering, absorbing the light from the balls that Laxus had created.

Each flower held a specific color, some multicolored or even color changing.

Watching them bloom was a new tradition for the guild. It had happened after Levy found the flowers and decided to plant them around the guildhall. At first it had just been you, Jeria, and Levy. For the longest time, watching the flowers bloom had been the only way to ease Jeria's mind in the hotter months. They bloomed for a month every night in the heat. This year was the first year Jeria would actually remember watching the flowers bloom, and you wanted to make sure you remembered the moment completely.