Jellal x Reader : Time

A/N: This takes place after the Tenrou Island trial. Before the Grand Magic Games. So spoilers if you have not gotten there.

The sins you had to repent for were things you preferred to keep in the past. What horrible things you had done... well... everyone told you it was not your fault. But it was. It was always the person who did it that had to take the blame. And you were not going to try to make excuses for your crimes.

You could still see her face.

See the life draining out of her eyes as she stared at you in horror.

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?" Meredy spoke, sitting by your side and looking out at the ocean with you. "It really was not your fault. Even the Magic Council said so. You are not a sinner."

"The Magic Council only said that because the men are in love with my mother." You spat out, glaring at the gentle waves that lulled the sea. It helped you calm down a bit to watch them move.

"Is that why you don't tell Jellal how you feel?" Her question caught your attention. Looking at her with wide eyes, you swallowed.

"How..."

She smiled at your reaction. "It is so obvious that Ultear and I have a running bet going. I think I am going to win." A bet? On you and Jellal? Oh good grief.

"Well it does not matter how I feel about him. He is still in love with Erza. I just want him to be happy, and she is the one he should be with. They went through too much for them to just give up on each other." You sighed, finger drawing in the sand next to your thigh.

Her silence confirmed what you said. Everyone knew that Jellal and Erza were the forbidden couple, pretty much. And after what Jellal did to the guild, despite what you heard happened with the Oracion seis, no one thought he would ever confess.

Even worse... after he heard Erza had disappeared along with the rest of Fairy Tail, he had become more broody, according to Ultear. You would not know. You met them only a couple of years ago, and news of Fairy Tail's missing members just came out. Jellal did not seem any different to you.

"Hey, Y/n." You looked away from the ocean to your pink haired friend. A small hum left your lips as a question. "If I were you, I would go talk to Jellal." She sounded innocent enough, and you checked your wrists for any signs of her magic which made her laugh. "It is not a prank. But he does not intend to be with Erza."

Why you ever followed the advice of the girl who was stupid enough to piss of Juvia Lockser by messing with her beloved Gray (Ultear told you the story), you were not sure. But she was right. You did need to talk to him. It was important that you settled this once and for all.

You found him sitting in the cave, poking the fire with a stick. He had told you about his fight with the Salamander. The dragon slayer of Fairy Tail whom had utterly destroyed his plans, for which he was now glad. You had never met the Fairy Tail guild, but you heard a lot about them through stories and rumors.

"Hey, Jellal." You spoke up before you got close to give him a warning of your presence. When he looked up and met your gaze you froze in your tracks. Those eyes of his were always full of guilt, but this time the emotion was strong and mixed with sorrow. "What's wrong?" You sat next to him, reaching up to touch his cheek.

"I just keep thinking about the past. Can we truly repent for our sins?" He wondered aloud.

"Of course you can! You are not a bad man, Jellal!" The words left your lips so fast it startled you. Despite your own feeling of never being able to be forgiven for your crime, you felt strongly for Jellal's mission. To repent for the past. To work towards having their sins forgiven.

He glanced down and you followed his gaze, realizing you had clutched onto his hands and were squeezing them with determination. "Sorry." You let go of his hands and pulled back. His hand shot out to grab your wrist. Looking up, he was already staring at you. "Jellal?" You murmured questioningly.

"Please forgive me." He had always asked for forgiveness. But never from you. It was strange to hear the words come out of his mouth while he eyes stared into yours. The moment was so intimate the heat was slowly creeping up your neck and towards your ears.

His hand squeezed your wrist a little tighter and his other came up to tilt your chin. Briefly you wondered why, and then felt stupid as his face came closer and closer to your own. The closer he got, the more your eyelashes began to flutter close.

Admittedly, the feeling of his lips was not what you were expecting. Never in a bad way, it just took you by surprise. You responded by pressing back, returning his kiss rather excitedly, which seemed to surprise him.

His fingers released your wrist and slid up your arm so both hands could cup your cheeks. Between the heat in your cheeks from blushing so much and the heat in his palms pressing against your face, you were getting extremely hot.

He kissed you slow, with a tenderness you were not sure you could say you knew he had. It was like you would break. No... it was like he was holding back. As if he felt he shouldn't be doing this but he was. He was on the fence. Was he trying to punish himself still?

You had been sitting on his left side, so you threw your left leg across his lap and continued to kiss him, shifting to straddle his lap. It gave you more leverage to kiss him harder, to retaliate his caution. His hands moved down your neck and arms to rest on your hips, squeezing.

"We get that you two lovebirds finally stopped beating around the bush... but can you not do that while we are right here?" Ultear had a small smirk on her face, while Meredy looked stunned.

You, on the other hand, squeaked and quite literally fell off of Jellal's lap. The heat in your face grew out of sheer embarrassment, and you glanced shyly to Jellal. He had a blush on his face as well, but he offered them a small smile.

Meredy shook her head and sighed. "Oh well. I lost the bet. Anyways, we think Fairy Tail is nearby."

"What?" His eyes spoke the real question: was Erza among them? You tried not to be upset. He had loved her since childhood. But did he really have to look so starry eyed at the idea of the woman right after he kissed you like that?

"They need our help with their magic. We should go to them soon." Ultear gave you a sympathetic look. "If you do not wish to come, you can stay behind."

You nodded slowly. "Yeah... that may be for the best." He was going to her again. Even if he wouldn't allow himself to be with her, he was going. Like a puppy. "Be safe out there guys."

"We will be back." Jellal was already on his feet.

"Mmkay."

"Be safe, Y/n. Meredy. Put a link on us. If she gets hurt I want to know immediately." He stated. But your eyes flew wide. He did NOT need to feel your strong emotions.

"No that really is not-"

"I will not risk your safety." His tone was firm. And he was staring at Meredy who gave you an apologetic look. She knew what you felt. But she complied to Jellal's wishes. The pink magic band appeared around your wrist first, and then to his. "Good."

As they were leaving, Jellal glanced back and sighed. "I have to take care of something. Don't cry.... I will be back for you." He whispered to himself.