Natsu x Reader : Forgotten

A/N: So it was so long since I wrote it that I forgot the original story I had... but here is part 2 for Nakama!

It had been so long since you even thought of the boy you had spent countless nights with. Years had flown by and the nights of huddling together under the stars by the fire were gone. He was still very much the same, albeit a few major changes in maturity. Though his personality hardly changed at all. He was still a very fiery boy who had such a passionate heart that you admired. Sort of a light that guided you through the darkness.

And once that light went out...

Darkness was all that remained.

You remembered it very well, the day he disappeared. You had waited for him, but he never showed up. And it had not been too long after that when your current guild had found you. Their intentions had been to kill you at first - a measly child in their way. But even then you fought them out of pure need to let out your frustration and hurt at losing your best friend. He was gone. Just... disappeared. And the guild members who ended up taking you in were the very ones you attacked.

They fed you anxiety and anger. Began to use your fragile state of mind as their play toy, hoping that they could create the ultimate weapon. Worse, you allowed them to. Slowly, day by day, all of Natsu's speeches began to be replaced by the fact that he lied. He left you all alone and you waited. You had taken down countless wizards in that time, hearing about a pink haired dragon slayer who was notorious.

Never did you realize he was in the very guild your master wished to destroy.

Even more you did not expect one look into those onyx eyes to break your resolve of solitude and seething hatred for him.

How cheesy it sounded, to look into your best friend's eyes and see the relief at knowing you were alive, and the pain of realizing you were in a dark guild of all places. He must certainly hate you, you were sure of it. If he didn't, surely he would after he found out what you did to his blonde companion that your master had told you was the weakness of their fire wizard.

The realization at what you had done had you kneeling on the ground, body convulsing. It couldn't be stopped, the chunky liquid that spilled from your guts. You broke her. You took out your frustrations and anger and tortured the girl, using the same tactics they had used on you. Telling her that he wouldn't come for her. That she was nothing and pathetic.

Why?

Why would you stoop down to such a level? You hated how they made you felt, so you turned around and made someone else feel that way? It only made you feel better for a brief moment, so why did you continue? And Natsu...

You covered your face with your hands.  He cared so much about his nakama. His family that he found after searching so earnestly for the dragon who left him so long ago. And that Celestial Wizard... she was important to him as well. Part of you felt oddly satisfied with the knowledge of her broken state. She took Natsu from you, technically. She was his new best friend, was she not? She... replaced you.

"Stupid boy!" You shouted, relishing in the intense feeling if magic bubbling up inside and ready to blow. The impact your fist made with the ground hurt your hand more than the ground itself, but the pain was welcome. You were not far from the guild, so soon after your battle with Natsu.

"Y/n..." The achingly familiar voice broke your spell. Magic simmering down and being calmed just by the sound of your name off of his lips.

"I thought I told you that I was not going to join your damn guild." You snapped, wishing he would just leave already.

His footsteps came closer, though, ignoring your attitude. "I..." He stopped, but you sensed he was not far from you. "You joined a Dark Guild, huh? Never would've guessed you of all people would turn evil." That was seriously what he was going to say?

You stood and turned to face him. "Just go...that... that Celestial girl needs you..." The mention of her clearly triggered something. Black eyes snapped up to stare at you, hardening.

"Where is Lucy?" So that was her name? The blonde. Lucy. Well, you supposed she was lucky to have a friend like Natsu. He seemed to forget all about your friendship once again at the mere mention of the girl's name.

"Probably still tied up. I broke her. It was quite fun, actually." You gave him your best villain smile. He had new nakama now. And he did not need you to interfere. Natsu was a simple boy, and if you admitted you still cared, he would try to help you. "She screamed for you, Natsu. Declared that she and Fairy Tail would never give in. I think she passed out from blood loss, though." You clenched your teeth, holding back tears at the seething rage he stared at you with.

"I should burn you to ashes for hurting Lucy!" His flaming fist seemed to agree with that declaration, the heat emitting from the flame was far more than you knew your body could handle safely. But the hatred faltered. "Go. You chose your fate. But if you ever mess with Fairy Tail again, we will be enemies."

You stared at his back, watching as he ran desperately through the forest shouting the name of his new best friend. Huh. If only he had cared about you that much. Perhaps you would be fighting with his nakama as one of them rather than against them...

"Goodbye, Natsu." You whispered, letting the tears fall.

Nakama was a forgotten word. Now...

You were enemies.

A/N: Cute is not really my forte for writing right now. Too much crazy has happened. So much death in my life right now.. soo... here you go ^.^