Chapter: 3

"Enough!" The Dark Knight ordered, making the two teens grow silent. "I choose who or who does that join the Team." Just then, Shadow heard a beeping in his ear piece.

"Batman," Superman's voice sounded urgent. "Lex Luther has been spotted with some kind of dooms day robot. Request full team response."

Batman cleared his throat. "I have League business to attend to. Make sure your new teammate feels welcome." That last part was aimed at Robin, who was still nose to nose with Shadow.

"Of course!" The Boy Wonder smirked as Batman left. "Anything to make you feel welcomed, Shadow."

"Well I guess since we won't be going on any missions tonight..." Said a green Martion girl, she looked about sixteen; Before Shadow's eyes, the girls skin changed to a peaches and cream tone. She now wore a 90s looking outfit. "I'll get working on dinner." She then flew off.

"Dinner?" Shadow asked, rising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Megan usually makes dinner for us if we aren't on missions or with our families." A blonde with dark gray eyes, and tan skin smiled at her. "Come on, let's try and find you a room."

Shadow followed the teen down a few hallways; they finally reached the end of a very long hallway a lined with metal door.

"And here we go!" The green spandex wearing girl exclaimed as she pressed a botton on the wall and the door slid open. "Oh I'm Artimis by the way."

Shadow walked in and look in the room; it was small and dark with a nice sized bed, a mini fridge, and an bathroom. "Hi Artimis, can I ask you something?" She asked, spinning around.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Robin- is he always like this?"

Artimis thought for a moment before answering. "No not really; he's usually a friendly jokester- he mustn't-"

"Got it, thanks. So is it alright if I use the shower?" Shadow quickly said, trying to change the subject.

"Right!" The archer said with widen eyes. "I should let you get settled in; I'll get you when dinners ready?"

Shadow nodded in response; after Artimis had left, River sighed and removed her sunglasses. "Gosh, that's happening to me?!" She spoke aloud, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Why am I even hear? What does Batman want with me?!" Questions swamped River mind until she got a headache.

'Better take a shower.' She thought, shaking away her thoughts; River then stood and left for the bathroom.

Hey! I always love hearing your thoughts on my chapters, so feel free to comment!