Chapter: 31

River woke up in a dark room. "What the heck?!" She stood and searched for a door, surprisingly it was unlocked. As she opened the door, River was blinded by a beaming light.

"There you are!" A voice said behind her. "I was wondering when you would get up!" River spun around to see a girl laying on a fancy lounge chair, reading outside in a shaded deck. The girl look up from her book and smiled. "Don't be shy Rivie! Come over here!" River carefully obliged, and advanced towards her.

"Long time no see." The lady said as she sat her book down.

"Do I know you?" River asked, readying herself for a fight.

"Oh of course!" The girl giggled as she took off her cateye sunglasses. "Remember me now?"

'It's can't be!' River thought as she studied her. The girl was about six-teen, with honey blonde hair and tanish skin. "Rose?" River's eyes watered.

"That's right girly!" Rose smiled at her with her dark eyes looking joyful and welcoming.

"But how?! I watched you die!" River exclaimed as she hugged her old friend. Rose's skin was soft, a smelled richly of rosemary.

"I have my ways."

"What?" River looked up at her. Rose was wearing a tan blouse with denim jeans and nude heels.

"It apears that you not the only one with super powers." Rose was here, she was alive! River wanted to cry, but she had to many questions.

"What happened to you?" She asked ceriously, before Rose could answer. River heard someone walk onto the deck.

"I'm home!" River spun around to see Lex Luther smiling down at them. "Hello girls."

"Luther." River growled, dying to trip his throat out.

"Dad!" Rose sprung off of her chairs and hugged the rich man. "Hey Rose!" He chuckled, as his pet her hair, but stopped when he saw River with a confused look.

"His your, dad?!" River backed away, searching for a weapon.

"Yes I am." Lex approached her slowly. "And if you stay for lunch, there is something I'd very much like to discuss with you." River scanned for an open exist, but couldn't find one.

"Sure, but I have some questions myself."

"Oh of course!" He smiled and justered to a small table, where sandwiches and lemonade laid ever so gracefully.

While they ate, River couldn't help feeling sick. She missed the team, and Robin. Even though she wanted to kill him right now, she felt bad about the aguement they had; And she also wondered how long she had been gone. A day? A week?

"So, Luther is your dad?" River asked as she sipped her lemonade.

"Well, yes. You see, I loved her mother very, very, much."

"I know it is Luther." She snapped, glaring at him.

"But after she was born, Cassandra back out and didn't want her. Before I could beg Cass to change her mind, she had a stroke and died at young age." River looked at Rose with symaphy.

"Then why didn't you just adopt her? She spent years in horrible foster homes!" River spoke loudly, she hated Lex Luther, and everything he stood for.

"I tried, for many years. Until when she was twelve I got information that a girl matching Rose's deception was spotted at the Central City Bus Station." Flashes of that night came into River's mind.

"And so you adopted her and lived happily ever after?!" She snapped, River couldn't believe this guy. 'After all the Crap she went through, you just came out of nowhere and save her like a knight in shining amor?!'

"Well, not exactly," Rose explained, this was the first time she had spoken since Luther had arrived. "Um, my mother wasn't the only person that Dad loved...."

Lex cleaned his throat. "Your mother, Clara was the other one." River's cup went falling to the ground, she stared at him with wide eyes. His eyes.

"WHAT?!" River stood, she glanced back at Rose you sat uncomfortably in her chair, biting her nails. "HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN!?!?"

"I knew of you for years, I've hired any people to try a reteave you." Luther explained, and his slowly stood and grabbed her arm.

"Project Erebus." She muttered, it's all made since now. "You experimented on me, your own daughter! As an enfint even!" River shoved Luther away from her, she almost tripped in her lemonade. "You had my mother killed! You hired Sportsmaster and Huntress to find me! You got Rose killed!"

"If you could returned to you sit, I would be happy to-"

"Don't! All my life I've been hunted, and thrown around like a piece of trash! All thanks you! Why didn't you tell me in Motropils?!"

"I wanted to believe me! But I didn't think it was the right time, so I hired Sportsmaster to retrieve you-"

"You mean kidnap!" River yelled, all of her Rage flooding out of her. "Where am I? What is this place?!"

"Japan..." Rose sweekishly added as she fitted with her hair.

"Japan?!? That's it. Take back now!"

"I'm afraid I can't," Luther frowned at her. "I'm so sorry River, but I'm afraid we're gonna have to do this the hard way. Rose?" Rose stood up and stared into River's eyes. River yelped when she was Rose's eyes glowef purw white.

The world spun around her, River felt cold. Everything started turning white, and a foggy cloud circled around her. River screamed and fell onto the floor, frost climbing over her body. Her vision went white.

(Mwhahahaha!!! And this isn't even the worst part!!)