Chapter: 30

It's been a week since Shadow/River has been missing. No one could find her, not even The League. 'I can't believe I let this happen!' Robin thought as he banged his fist against a near by wall.

"Rob," Kid Flash said behind him, holding a BLT and a soda. "You should eat." The ginger then sat the meal on the table next to the computer.

"I'll eat when I find her!" Robin snapped, he didn't know what do it. He blamed himself for Shadow going missing. "I should've told her in the first place." He mumble as his rested his head in his hands.

"Yeah well, we all make mistakes man. But that's in the past now, right now you need to focus on finding Shadow." KF said sympathetically, as he rested his hand on his shoulder. "And what do think I've been doing!" Robin yelled, as he stood. Rage boiling inside him. "I've comb through every camera in Gotham a thousand times! All I could find was this." He pulled up a feed from an old camera.

It showed River sitting on a bench, with her hood drain over her face. The image blurred, then it should her fighting against some big strong guy. It blurred again and it showed River falling on the ground. Then the feed cut out.

"Wow," Wally exclaimed, nibbling at Robin's food. "And that's all? You couldn't find the attacker's face?"

"No, not even Batman could." Robin said in a low tone, holding back tears.

"Maybe she's not in Gotham anymore! Maybe that guy took her somewhere else."

"Like where? I've searched every camera in a hundred mile radius. And I still found nothing!" Robin wanted to break drown or scream, but he knew Batman would be shamed. He had always taught Robin to be brave, even when it seemed impossible.

'Be brave like her.' Robin told himself as Kid Flash frowned. "Look man, we're gonna find her. Shadow a clever chick, she fine. And I bet when you do rescue her-"

"I don't like her!" Robin insested, but the truth was, he didn't know. He wanted to hate her, she came into HIS team. Started judging HIS plans. Then Batman picked her as his knew protoshee, Robin didn't stand a chance. Shadow was a perfect leader; brave, smart, a talented fighter. Everything Robin wanted to be, everything he was expected to be.

But whenever she was around, Robin felt this warm tingling sensation which made him melt at her touch. Then when he saw Shadow out of her mask. She was just, if even more beautiful than with it on. River had those eyes which stared into your soul, and made you want to bend to her every command.

"Sure man, that's why your moving mountains trying to get her back!" KF snapped Robin back into reality.

"I'm the team leader," He managed. "I'd do this for any of you."

"Right, well I'm gonna go run back to the Mansion. Just in case she showed up." The speedster than ran through the teleporter, leaving Robin with his thoughts and the smell is beacon wafting through the room.

"Hey," a female voice said behind him, it was Artimis. "How are you holding up?" Robin sighed, not wanting to face her, he quickly replied. "Not good, I was right Art. She was in trouble. I never should've-"

"It's not fault Robin. You doing all you can, we all are."

"I know, but she was-is my responsibility." Robin knew if Shadow were there, she would've kicked his butt for saying that.