Chapter: 27

River woke up screaming, in a pool of sweat and tears. "No! No, no, no!" She put her head in between her knees.

"River!" Dick swung open the door of her room, and ran to her. "Are you okay?"

"Do I sound okay?!" River answered, rocking herself back and forth. "What happened?" He asked her, as he slowly put his arms around River. She melted into Dick, this guy annoyed her so much, but right now, she didn't care. He was so warm, so strong, he hugged River the way her mom held her when she was scared.

"I-I-I had a bad dream," River muttered, she rapped her arms around him, and closed her eyes. "More of a nightmare."

"Shhh, it's okay, it was just a dream." He whispered into her ear. "But it's not- I need to tell you something Dick." River said, and pulled him closer. She told him everything, everything bad thing of her childhood. Well, except for the super powers.

"Oh my gosh! I had know idea! I'm so sorry Riv!" Dick said, as River began to cry again, she knew she shouldn't have told him that; But she felt safe, a feeling River hadn't felt in years.
"Don't leave, please!" River whspiered to Dick.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He replied.

River woke to the sound of her alarm beeping. She open her eyes to see Dick reach over a turn it off. "Good morning." He smiled down at her, she was about to reply when she was a ginger peek his head through the doorway.

"Dick, there you are! We're gonna be late-um, who's this?" He pointed at River, she quickly sat up. Her mind raced think of what it might look like to the guy.

"Um," Dick sat up, eyes wide. "Wally! This is River Moore, Bruce's new ward!" They both smiled awkwardly at Wally, River was sure her face was bright red.

"Um, hi Wally! I'm River, well duh, Dick just told you that. Um, I'm just gonna go get ready now, you two have fun, doing whatever you have planned." River said as quickly as she could, then rolled out of bed. And rushed to the bathroom, tripping over Quinn. "Bye!" She shut the door behind her, and fell to ground.

"Dude!" She heared Wally whsiper as he punched Dick's side. "Did you just do what I think you just did?!"

"No, you idiot! River had a nightmare, so I was comforting her." Dick replied as he walked out of the room.

"Right, right, well Miss Moore looks a lot like You-know-who."

"Shut up, Wally. River's just a friend."

"And that's why you two were coudling in a bed."

"Again, buddy. Shut, up!"

That was all River cared to hear, for she then realized something that scared her.

"Crap!" River said to herself, and banged her fist against the wall. "How could I be so stupid!" She had just told Robin, the guys she hated, everything! "There's no way Dick Grayson is Robin! Robin IS annoy, yes they do have the same laugh, and smile, and hight, and hair color, and voice. But Robin is not sympathetic, or funny. Diffenately not funny!" She keep a few other thoughts to herself, just in case Wally and Dick were still around. River then jumped into the shower, cause she smelled bad from last night.

'You idiot! It was sooo obvious!' She thought as music played from her ipod which was linked to the speakers in her bathroom. "I can't believe this!" River wanted to scream, but she knew that would only alert the house. So she just let the anger fill inside her.