Chapter: 5

"Hey Shadow. You wanna help me?" Kid Flash asked polightly, standing up. "Sure." She answered quickly leaving her chair and joining him to kitchen.
"Oh, I'm Wally by the way. Wally West." Wally added, as they entered; Shadow opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of milk. "So," The Speedster said peeking over her. "What's real name?" Shadow froze for a second, she never really told anyone that. At least, not after Rose.

"Get some cups please." She said pushing a was her tears, and opened a cabinet. "Um, are you going to answer my question?" Shadow pulled out a jar, and opened it. "YES! Cookies!" She whspiered to herself.

"Call me Shadow."

"I'm pretty sure no one would name there kid 'Shadow'." The red head started poring milk into the glasses.

'I'm pretty sure no one would call their kid "Wally" either.' Shadow thought.

"Why won't you tell me your real name?" Wally questioned, making her slam the jar of goodness on the counter. "Because I've learned if you want to survive, you learn to keep secrets." Shadow snapped.

"I bet you have a lot of them!" A voice said behind her. Shadow spun around and was Robin sitting on the counter right behind her.

"Look who's talking, Boy Wonder!" Shadow scowled at him. 'Can I please just rip that smug smile off of his face?!'

All Robin did was laugh. "That's the best you, Goth Girl?!" He said as Robin grabbed her jacket and pulled her close to him; Shadow tried to shake the butterflies she felt as he did so.

"So. Why do guys hate each other exactly?" Wally asked as the others joined the kitchen.

"It's complicated!" Robin and Shadow said in unison. Their faces so close, they almost touched.