Chapter: 12

After the aguement had cooled down, Shadow waited until everyone had went home, or when to bed. She couldn't believe what had just happened.

She walked into her room and locked it. Shadow then took of her sunglasses, and changed into a pair of black pj. "Oh my God." She said, holding back the tears swelling in her eyes. "What just happened?!" River slammed her fist down on the night-stand. 'Me of all people. Why would they want me to stay?!' Hot tears began falling down River's face.

Then a name popped in her head. 'What the heck am I going to do about him?! He'll kill them first chance he gets!'

"No!" She cried, as she felt a small breezes blow across her face. River wiped her tears away, then calapsed on her bed, pulled the sheets over her head. And cried herself to sleep.

It's been a few days since Shadow had joined the team, nothing much had really happened. Shadow had gotten a pair of twin black batons, she thought they were cool. But she barley used them, she felt like they were just slowing her down. Yes they were awesome an life saver during hand-to-hand combat, but she was use to using herself as a weapon.

Her and Robin fought all the time, like that was ever gonna change. No matter what it was, they found a way to argue about it.

Today they all met in the mission room, Shadow stood next to Miss Martians and Artimis. Like she always did.

Batman walked out of the teleporter, and slowly aproched them. "Team, you have done well these past couple days, well except for the teamwork part of the Team." He looked straight at Robin and Shadow.

'It's not my fault Robin's an idiot!' Shadow thought to herself, but remained silent.

"But I have an anouncment to make," Batman contenued, Shadow wondered how he was so calm all of the time. "After closely watching your performances, I have made the discion to take Shadow in as my new protoshee."

"WHAAAT?!?!" Robin and Shadow said at the same time, they both looked at each other in confusion.

"You gotta be joking!" Shadow spoke, with anger and stress filling her insides.

"Do I look like I joke?"

"The Bat Cave's crowded enough as it is!" Robin said, full of anger. And, was that jealousy in his voice?

"My word is final." Batman said sturnly, that shut up both of the troublesome teens. "Be at Gotham City at three o'clock today. And a car will pick you up." And with that, Batman left.

All eyes had turned to Shadow, she felt so uncomfortable. She hated all the attention. "I better go pack." She said, and dashed to her room.