Chapter: 13

After she said her goodbyes, Shadow walked out the old telephone both. And out onto the streets of Gotham.
It was a nice city day, the sky a light gray, with the summer sun peeking out of the clouds. Shadow looked at the nearest clock:

3:02pm

'They're late.' Shadow thought as a long black limeo came rolling up to her, and a door in the back slowly opened in front of her. "Dark, mysterious, must be Batman!" She said as she hopped in.

A while pasted Shadow stared out of the window of the fancy car, Bruce Wayne, aka Batman, talked about how glad he was that she would be staying with him, and someone named Dick.

"Who's that?" Shadow asked as she looked away from the shaded window.

"Dick is a boy I adopted after he's family died." Bruce explained, as he drank his ice water. "I think the two of you will get along great." The car came to a holt, and Shadow crawled out of the vehicle. "Wow!" She gasped as she took off her sunglasses, and stared at the huge mantion that was in front of her.

River cautiously scampered up the the steps of the place. 'Welcome home' A voice said inside of her. She shoved the butterflies down and Bruce's butler, Alfred open the front door.

She gasped when River actually saw the inside of the place. It was big, bigger than anything she's ever seen, and that's including Mount Justice.

"Whoa!" River exclaimed as she entered threw the threshold, and almost straight into someone. She duck around the person, and let him greet Mr. Wayne.

"Hey Bruce!" The guy hugged her mentor, then turned to River. "Who's-whoa!" River studied the guy for a minute; she was about her age and size, he worse a black suit with a white shirt, and a dark blue tie. He also had black hair sleeked back, showing off his intense blue eyes. It made her loose her breath, River winder if her eyes did the same to him, I mean other people.

"Um, hi!" River said with a sweet smile, and streated out her hand. "I'm River, River Moore."

It took him a while to stop drooling, but he fanilly shook her hand. "Richard Grayson, but my friends call me Dick." Dick spoke, his eyes staring deep into River's emerald.

After a few moments of silence, River had to break the ice. "So, are you gonna give me a tour. Or not?" She said to the teen, with a smirk.

"Right, of course." He answered as he began to lead her away from the door. "Right this way, Miss Moore." A grin formed in his face.

River was certain, this Dick guy reminder her of someone. 'But who?' She wondered, walking next to her tour guide. 'Whoever he was. It definitely wasn't Robin. Rob was nice, or funny, or slight attractive.'

It felt like hours had pasted, as River strolled through the mansion, a companied by Dick Grayson. As he told her the history of the palace, River could help but to let her mouth hang open.

Towards the end of the tour, Dick stopped in front of her. "Oh, I almost forgot!"

"What?" She asked ceriously, he had showen her all of the interior, and exterior and the house.

"Close your eyes." He said with a sly grin.

As they walked, River couldn't help peeking every once in a while. But everytime she did, Dick slapped her hand. "Are we there yet?" She annoyingly asked, dying to trip him.

"Almost." Dick said in a low tone.

She felt his presence drift away from her, as River walked into something hard. "Ow!" She exclaimed, opening her eyes.

"Nice going Riv!" Dick laughed, clenching his stomach. "Dick! What the heck was-oh...." River examined the room, it was a huge library. With pearly white walls, a marble cling and floors. And dark oak bookshelves everywhere. From high on the walls, to spiral staircases with books crawling up the steps. It was the biggest room in the house. The place also had huge chandeliers hanging from the cling. Which was like eighty feet high.

It was like nothing River had ever seen. Bruce Wayne had all kinds of books, from old classics like Moby Dick. To YA books such as Red Queen. It took her breath away, this place was the most beautiful thing River had ever seen. She had to restrain herself some squiling.

"I thought you'd like this place." Dick interrupted her thoughts, as he reached out his hand to help her up. River was to fascinated to oblige. She stood on the tips of her toes, staying in amazement.

"Like? I LOVE this place! How many books are here?" She asked as she walked. 'This has to be a dream.' River thought, never wanting to leave.

"Probs about a few billion." Dick answered.

'Mom would've loved this place.'

"What's that?" River scampered over to a wall, where she found an image painted on it.

It was a simple painting of Bruce, and a small little boy with a cheesy smile.

"Awe, is that you?" River pointed at the boy. Dick chuckled as he strolled over.

"Yeah, Alfred painted that when I first arrived here." He answered with smile.

"You were so cute!" River cooed. "What the heck happened to you?!" She laughed as Dick shoved her.

"Hey! I'm still cute!" He exclaimed, bursting out laughing.

"Sure..."

"Mr. Grayson, dinner is ready." A voice said from a speaker in the library, River quickly identified it as Alfred. "If you would please as-court Miss Moore to the dining room, it would be very much appreciated."

With that, Dick looked at his rolex. "Shoot! Six-thrity already?! We better go." He grabbed River's hand, and ran out of the library.