Public Relation(ship)s

The first few questions the girls received during their interview with LIVE 101.5 were about Black Magic and the girls loved answering them, relaxing at the thought that maybe they wouldn't be asked about the rings (that still wouldn't come off, even from Jade's tiny fingers), that maybe the interviewers hadn't heard about the story that Jade and Perrie from Little Mix had gotten married.

Then, once again, they were asked about the group dynamics, how they managed to get along so well and Jade replied, "We never really fight at all. I think it would feel really strange if one of us was actually really mad at another."

"Speaking of your relationship within the band," the girl on the left side of Jesy said. "We've seen some pictures of you on twitter this morning where you, Jade and Perrie, look like you've just gotten out of the bed."

The couple laughed and Perrie's grip on Jade's hand got tighter as she became more nervous. "Yeah, we just went to get some breakfast after yesterday's partying."

"Yeah, we've seen pictures of the awesome night," the woman on Jade's right said. "But it seems you two disappeared some time during the party, didn't you?"

Jade and Perrie looked at each other, not really knowing what to say. "Perrie's a freaking lightweight," Jesy jumped in. "Give her a glass of wine and she'll be sound asleep within an hour."

The six women laughed and Jade hoped that they would move on from the topic of the previous night. "There's a thing in those pictures of you two that we noticed – it's that that the two of you are wearing the same ring."

"Oh, yes, we got them last night as well", Jade said as light-hearted as possible and even reached out her hand for the interviewer to look at. "They're really cheap; I don't even know where we got them from. Hopefully we can soon exchange them for prettier models."

The interviewer examined the ring for a few seconds, similar to the way Jesy had done in the morning and then asked, "What's with the rings? People all over every social media platform are freaking out about the possibility of you two getting married. Is it true?"

Jade and Perrie looked at each other before taking a deep breath and nodding their heads. "Yeah, we did get married last night." Jade smiled at Perrie, who was squeezing her hand so tightly now that it almost hurt. "It's really weird to talk about it because it was such a spontaneous reaction – we still can't quite wrap our hands around the fact that we're wives now."

"Y'know, Jesy and I always suspected it," Leigh-Anne told the interviewer after a few seconds of stunned silence. "As you can see, they're very touchy and they always calm each other down before concerts and stuff. They really comfort each other and especially this week Pez's needed some comfort and Jade was the right person to do it, so."

A weird feeling rang through Jade at the sound of Leigh-Anne's words. The truth was, she wasn't just saying anything. Everything the black band member had said was completely true but now that it was viewed from another perspective it made her stomach clench a little. It wasn't an entirely unpleasant feeling but it was weird because she had never felt it because of Perrie – or had she?

All day had she been like this, nervous and uneasy around Perrie. Well, to be fair, the circumstances had kind of required her to feel restless, really. The blonde was just as nervous and uneasy as she felt herself so she relaxed again.

"What surprises us is the fact that all of this happened so quickly after your cancelled engagement with former One Direction member Zayn Malik," the woman on Jesy's side replied and Jade realised she must have zoned out for a few moments. "Perrie, would you mind telling us how all of this happened so quickly?"

The blonde looked around and then at Jade who gave her a reassuring smile. She nodded, not taking her eyes off of Jade and gave an answer, "I don't really know, to be perfectly honest. You see, I had always been very fond of Jade, as we might have made quite obvious." There was laughter from the crowd but Jade and Perrie couldn't really stop looking at each other. "You see, Zayn and I were apart a lot. He was on tour, I was on tour, he was recording an album, I was recording an album, all that stuff. But Jade... Jade was always there. We were always together and I think that is what makes a relationship easier. In the holidays we didn't see too much of one another, all of us four, but when we got back together it was like we hadn't even been apart." She smiled and finally averted her eyes from the brunette but Jade couldn't help but keep staring at Perrie. Although what she was saying was just made up, it made something inside of her stir. "I think I had always been in love with her but didn't really act on it because I had Zayn and I'm a faithful woman." A few 'oh's came from the crowd along with someone shouting 'slay, Perrie, drag that bitch,' which caused Jesy to stifle her laugh behind her palms. "And Jade didn't act on it because she respected me and my relationship but now there was nothing to stop us – and I mean, it may sound like a rash decision, but we've been together for almost four years now, although not dating from the start but we know what the other likes and dislikes, what puts us at ease and what causes discomfort, we make each other laugh. And isn't that what's important in a relationship? So why should we wait?"