Charades

Jade felt like she was on top of the world – Perrie had been right, they didn't need to talk about anything because as weird as it would have seemed a few days ago it seemed as if everything made perfect sense now.

It didn't matter if they labelled it or not. "We're married," Perrie had said, "we love each other and we do this..." The words kept ringing in Jade's head, reminding her of the previous evening when they had come back home from South Shields.

"Jade?" Jesy's voice called and laughed, causing the younger female to be startled and brought back to reality.

"Sorry," the giggled as a reply, "I kind of zoned out there." She returned her attention onto the board sitting on the table along with the little figurines on different fields. "Is it my turn?"

The blonde next to her nodded, "Well, our turn but I wanted you to be present before I start acting or anything." She laughed as she moved the red little figure forward before pulling a card from a stack without looking at it.

"Ready?" Jake asked and held the small hour glass between his fingers. At Perrie's nod he turned it around quickly and put it on the table.

Perrie looked at the card for a few seconds with an open mouth before she said, "Um, okay so, it's in Scotland and... ugh, there's so many words I can't say! Um, it's what you do before you get a job or go to uni but it's not real."

"What the hell?" Leigh-Anne laughed and looked over Perrie's shoulder to get a look at the card she was holding. "Oh my God, that is the worst explanation for that I've ever seen."

Perrie pouted and poked her tongue out at Leigh, "Stop distracting me!"

"Come on!" Jade almost screamed and waved her hands impatiently. "Give me more hints!"

"Um, um, okay, um," she stuttered anxiously and hopped around in her seat. "Oh! Okay, so a teacher there is really mean and he was in love with the main character's mum."

"Hogwarts!" Jade shouted. "Why not like that right away?"

"Okay, next one," Perrie said nervously without replying to Jade. "Jon Snow."

"Game of Thrones."

"You were allowed to say his name?" Jesy asked incredulously and snatched the card out of Perrie's grasp. Examining the words that were written on the list of words that you weren't allowed to say and sighed.

"Stop distracting us!" Jade told her impatiently and motioned for Perrie to go on. The two of them were bouncing nervously on the cushions of Jake's sofa. "Keep going already, Pez."

"You wear them and, um... Ugh, I suck at explaining," Perrie groaned and put her hand to her face nervously. "If you step in something wet while wearing them it's really dis-"

"Socks!" Jade screamed, interrupting the blonde.

As a response she giggled and put the card down to read the next. "Okay, we need it when we, meh, can't say that. When we, like... do our job. For other people."

"Drums," Jade guessed and looked at Perrie impatiently, hoping for another clue. "Choreographies, fans, um..."

"They make our voices louder," the blonde jumped in.

"Microphones!"

"Aaaand the time is up," Jake announced and picked up the little hour glass. It was true that the sand had now fully dropped into the bottom half. "How many did you get?"

"Only three," Jade pouted but took the cards Perrie had placed on the table to look at them. "You weren't allowed to say Harry Potter or school but you didn't come up with the idea to name any of the other students?" Jade laughed as she examined the words her partner hadn't been allowed to say.