Like A Married Couple

"I missed you."

Feeling her cheeks turn a couple of shades deeper Jade laughed it off, "Oh, come on. We haven't seen each for about fifteen hours maximum."

Perrie shrugged and leant her head back against the cushions of the sofa. "I know. It was kind of weird without you, though, because we've been really... on each other's tail lately. Do you think it was a needed break?"

"I wouldn't call it a break," Jade told her quietly but still cuddled up to the blonde either way. She didn't quite feel like admitting it but it had indeed felt weird to fall asleep alone and wake up to an empty bed.

The chat she'd had with her mum had helped her a lot and made her a bit more hopeful, if she was being honest. True, her mum had her told that she deserved someone who treated her differently but then again Jade didn't think that Perrie was doing anything else than her mum told her. Perrie made her feel like the only one at the moment, she made her feel like she was the only one she wanted at the moment.

Of course, Perrie could find someone new any day, someone she could be in a real relationship with instead of using them as a rebound but maybe, Jade thought, she could be more than just the rebound. Like... sometimes rebounds stay around, right?

Perrie kissed Jade's temple before getting up from the sofa, "You want anything from the kitchen? I'm going to get some food."

Jade shrugged and nodded but didn't specify any needs and watched Perrie leave the room, her hips swinging nicely as she left (Jade bit her lip at the sight but decided to let it go). They hadn't had sex since that night and the brunette felt kind of frustrated about it.

It wasn't like she was craving Perrie's body all over her, except that she totally was. She couldn't remember ever feeling as good as she had that night (or morning, really, because after all it had been four in the morning) so obviously the desire to feel like it again was immense.

She didn't really know why they hadn't done anything since then – maybe Perrie felt weird about it? They hadn't really talked about it either, which was probably necessary considering this wasn't really something friends did. She hadn't done it with Leigh-Anne and Jesy and while Jade was very well aware why she wouldn't do it with either of them (because she wasn't in love with either of them) she was curious as to why Perrie had decided to go this way.

"Here," the blonde said and put a bowl of popcorn in Jade's lap. Sitting down next to her again she took the television remote and zapped through the channels.

Chewing on the popcorn the brunette wondered how she could start this conversation – after all, she did want to know more about how Perrie felt. She didn't expect her to claim her undying love for her because it was still a short time between her and Zayn's breakup but then again maybe... maybe Perrie kind of wanted her a little bit as much as she wanted Perrie.

"Um, Pez?" She managed to utter and felt her throat tighten uncomfortably so she swallowed thickly (which didn't have any effect, of course). "I kind of wanted to talk to you."

The blonde turned her head lazily and watched her wife with such big blue eyes that Jade felt her heart pace quicken. "About?"

"Us," Jade replied before she changed her mind. God, this was going to be such an awkward talk.

Frowning Perrie sat up properly and looked at the brunette quizzically, obviously confused what there was to talk about in the first place. "About what exactly?"

Clearing her throat Jade looked down at her hands which were fidgeting in her lap. "Well, I was unsure about what you wanted – from me, to be precise. I don't really know what you expect from this... relationship we have right now."