Public Display of Affection

"That fucking dickhead," Jesy roared angrily and put her laptop aside. She crossed her arms in front of her chest, getting angrier by the second. "He has the audacity to break up with you over the fucking phone and then he retweets a shady music account. That is so low. A fucking shade account! Those are so fucking annoying and he falls so low that he actually feels the need to retweet a fucking shade account."

"Jesy, calm down," Perrie said and Jade felt her heart twist at the sound of her voice. It sounded tired and done with the world so she immediately reached her hand out, touching the blonde's waist softly. Her skin was warm under the tips of her finger and she didn't know if she was imagining it but the blonde leaned into her touch almost right away. "He's not worth your anger. I guess I'm lucky I got rid of him, like Taylor said yesterday."

Jade realised her face scrunched up at the sound of the other singer's voice and cursed herself internally when she saw that Leigh-Anne had noticed. It wasn't like she was jealous of Taylor or anything... the fact that Perrie wasn't into girls still hadn't changed and as far as she was aware Taylor was pretty straight herself so what was she even going on about? And why would she even need to be jealous? She still didn't know what she felt for Perrie and it was probably just the fact that they had to pretend to be wives that made Jade feel nervous around her because the lines of their friendship had shifted into romance a little bit and it was just weird.

"Did you and Taylor talk some more after Jade and I went outside for some fresh air?" Leigh-Anne asked the two of them. "I'm really curious what she said."

Perrie and Jesy giggled, looking at each other, "Yeah, well, she wished me good luck with Jade and told me to tell Jade if I didn't feel like I was ready for a new relationship yet because it would be mean towards her if I pretended to be in love with her when I wasn't and she loved me, et cetera, et cetera."

Leigh laughed as well but she caught Jade's eye in the mirror where the brunette played around with some eye shadow so she could avoid having to join the conversation.

"If I may change the topic," she said and turned around, "should I wear the brown or the gold eye shadow?" She had applied the brown to her right and the gold to her left eye and kept placing her hand over one eye and then switched so that they could see the colour on its own.

"Um, I love both," Perrie said, causing Jade to blush and her lip twitched as she tried not to smile at the comment. "Why, thank you," she said either way.

"I'd go for gold," Leigh and Jesy said at the same time and Jade nodded before turning her head back to the mirror where she took off her entire makeup. She loved playing around with her makeup from time to time and sometimes Jesy, who was just as into makeup as she was, would join her.

"Can you believe," Perrie murmured, "that in a few hours we're going to be performing at the Teen Choice Awards?" She was giddy and excited and clapped her hands like a child on Christmas morning. "I swear, this is a great year for us! First we get to tour Europe a little, then Black Magic is number one for three weeks straight, then Taylor invites us to perform with them and now we're actually playing at the Teen Choice Awards."

"I don't want to jinx it but can you imagine if we actually won an award? I mean, we're nominated for a few but all the other people in the categories are huge," Leigh murmured dreamily. "Just one surfboard and I'd be proud as hell of us."

"Little Mix is going to take 2015 by storm," Jesy laughed. "Maybe our dream of playing at MSG one day isn't that far fetched anymore."

"Okay, okay, let's not get our hopes up too high," Perrie giggled. "But that would be pretty amazing."

A knock on the door made the four females jump in surprise and a second later a member of their dancing crew came inside. "Hey, girls," he smiled at them and waved. "Adam said he's now ready to do your makeup if you want to come to his room."