The Next Big Step

"Right forward, left forward, bring them together, left backwards, right backwards, bring them together," Perrie muttered to herself as she watched her feet follow the steps on the floor. She was wearing white high heels so she would start practising the waltz in these shoes. "Am I doing it right, Jade?"

"I think so," Jade giggled and watched Perrie carefully. The blonde had stepped on her foot three times now so she thought it'd be best if she tried to steps for a few minutes on her own without Jade within such dangerous territories. "And I started with left backwards, right backwards, that's why it works," she told the blonde.

In response she only nodded absentmindedly and repeated the steps about three more times before she looked up at Jade, "God, I'm so going to ruin this for us."

"No, no, no," Jade hurried to say and stepped forward to grab her hands. She smiled at her and shook her head as if it was the most ridiculous thing to say. "No, you're going to do great. You're a great dancer usually, you just have to get used to the beat. Also, I'm leading so if we make any mistakes people will blame it on me." She subconsciously brought her hand up to Perrie's face and brushed her hair to the side to get a better view at her eyes. It was kind of silly how tightly she was drawn to the blonde now, especially today. Truth was, she couldn't bring herself to care when Perrie gave her that smile of hers, with teeth and big blue eyes.

"Thank you for always making me feel safe," Perrie sighed and looked down at her feet as she grabbed Jade's hand and put her other arm around Jade's waist. Her fingers were lightly touching the fabric of Jade's white dress and the brunette put her arm on Perrie's back.

Jade was glad the blonde was looking down because her cheeks turned redder at those words. "Of course, babe. Now, let's try again, shall we?"

The younger female nodded eagerly and lifted her head as well as her shoulders as she put on a huge smile. "Okay, I'm confident. This time I'll do it."

They danced on the spot for a few seconds and then Jade pressed the hand on Perrie's back to the side to manoeuvre her away so they could start turning while they moved their feet. The song playing in the background was a soundtrack Jade had chosen and it was from one of the Harry Potter movies – she had just thought it fitting considering it was the first time the characters in the movie had to dance waltz as well.

"You're doing great," Jade told her after about half a minute of simply turning around, their feet moving swiftly on the floor. "Nobody could've guessed you were stepping on my feet a minute ago."

Perrie giggled and finally looked up – her entire concentration had been on their feet but now she just couldn't help but look up at Jade. "Are you making fun of me?"

"Maybe a little," Jade replied laughingly. "But you're really doing great now."

"Well, I had a great teacher."

Jade laughed and shook her head, "Which would be a compliment if I had been your teacher."

"Well, you definitely encouraged me more than that guy," Perrie huffed and shook her head, their feet still moving to the music as they circled around the room. "It's not my fault it takes me a bit to warm up to the dance."

Jade shook her head to get the hair out of her eye. "No, definitely not. I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks for giving me private lessons," Perrie giggled and winked before looking back down at her feet to make sure she was doing everything properly. She knew it was a pretty simple dance, basically only six steps all the time, but it had still taken her some time because she didn't know if she could do this in front of so many people.