Interlude: Moving On

At first they had another performance of Black Magic on the Late Late show, to which the crowd seemed really enthusiastic. Jade couldn't help but wonder if it was true that their fanbase was rising within America but there was a lot of hope – for some reason she hated blaming it on the fact that she and Perrie were a couple to everyone now.

Their interview with James Corden was just as relaxed as Jade had thought –he was easygoing and didn't ask them any questions they felt uncomfortable with answering and even when he asked Perrie about Zayn he did it in a humorous way and congratulated her to the marriage afterwards. "D'you know what? I'm good," Perrie replied and the whole crowd erupted in cheers. "I just wake up every day and I thank my lucky stars for these three girls." She leant into Jade when everyone aw'd and the brunette felt her heart racing. She knew how grateful Perrie was that they were supporting her through her breakup but hearing her put it like that in front of thousands of viewers was a whole different story. It made her heart swell with pride and her face burst into a grin.

He then proceeded to talk about their concert with Taylor Swift and the attention shifted to their music once again, for which Perrie seemed grateful. It was true that she wasn't as devastated as she had been in the very beginning – that is the first three days – but it still hurt her to talk about her cancelled engagement. After all had they been in a relationship for more than three years and now it was suddenly over.

It was one of the best interviews they had done in a long time and unlike all the other times when they had to do interviews in the past few weeks, they didn't feel exhausted or drained but cheerful and light. Perrie seemed to be in a very cuddly mood and although Jade didn't want to get herself too much into this whole thing, she couldn't mind one but when the blonde's fingers kept tracing patterns on her upper arm.

The four of them all went to chill in Jesy's hotel room that night for a few hours, just having a few laughs and watching movies on the big TV screen, all cuddled up on the bed in the oldest woman's room. It was a bit cramped because it was a big bed but they were four people after all, but none of them minded.

As weird as it was, Jade loved it when the four of them were cuddled up like this even if it meant that she couldn't move her right arm or someone was lying on her hair. The funny thing was, neither of the other girls complained either. Maybe it was just that they had been such close friends for so long now that they didn't mind being so physically close anymore either.

"I think I'm going to call it a night," Perrie yawned at about three in the morning. They knew they would hate themselves in the morning because they had to get up quite early to get ready for all the stuff that was to come tomorrow- it was the nineteenth of August, which meant their four year anniversary.

Perrie didn't let go of Jade's hand as she got up. The brunette felt a tug at her heart at how normal it seemed to Perrie by now that they spent every second together and even went to bed at the same time.

"Nanite," Jade muttered and avoided Leigh's heavy gaze as Perrie dragged her out of the room and into their own. Their walk was silent except for the one time where the blonde yawned and tugged on Jade's hand for a second to cover her mouth before she smiled and brought up her left hand to cover her lips as another yawn broke out.

As Jade sat on the edge of the bed and changed into her pyjamas, Perrie was in the bathroom brushing her teeth and once more the brunette had an image flickering through her mind: a vision of the two of them, actually being married and being happily in love with one another, going to bed together after a tough day and just falling asleep cuddling.

The thing was that this was partly her reality right now – except for the fact that it was only one of them who was happily in love.

No, Jade scolded herself mentally, I'm not in fucking love, I can't be. Perrie was leaning in the door frame between the living room/bedroom and the bathroom, watching Jade. It was strange that they were like this now because every little thing Perrie did made her now over-think.