Where The Lines Overlap

"The four of you were invited to a party in New York that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community," Clark told them as they sat in the sofa in Leigh-Anne's room after getting ready for the day. Jade could feel the tips of her hair were still a little wet. "And you two," he explained further while pointing his finger at Jade and Perrie, "were asked to dance in front of the cameras."

Taken aback the two females looked at one another. "What are we supposed to dance?" Perrie asked the man.

"Waltz," he told them nonchalantly and waved his hand. "It's a very easy dance so you'll get the hang of it real quick. We've already chosen some dresses you could wear but I leave the final decision to you because I know you can dress well. Now," he went on and told them that they would have to perform three songs, two of which would be Black Magic and The End and the third was their own decision again.

Jade looked at Perrie nervously, though, considering that she didn't know if she could dance with Perrie in front of all these people. It wasn't like she was a bad dancer, she was aware of that – they put a lot of effort into their choreographies, after all. It was just... this was a whole different story.

Their choreographies for all their songs were fierce and powerful, filled with fast and energetic moves and the waltz was nothing like this. And in none of their songs did they have to dance, like, together really. They did have parts where they involved their male counterparts heavily but it was nothing like 'you hold his arm and shoulder and he holds you by your waist' kind of stuff.

Perrie squeezed her hand comfortingly and smiled, leaning into her. "We can do this," she told her reassuringly and Jade didn't doubt it for one second. "Um, Clark," she interrupted the man who hadn't stopped talking ever since. Neither Perrie nor Jade had listened to him, if they were being honest so they had no idea what the topic was right now but it was his own fault for talking faster than they could think, wasn't it? "When exactly do we start dancing lessons for the party?"

"What?" He asked confused and blinked his eyes quickly. "Oh, right, the party! I'd been too far with my thoughts, m'sorry. But, uh, what do you mean?"

"Well... how are we supposed to learn the waltz if we don't have, like, some sort of classes?" She asked with a frown and Jade nodded in support.

The man considered for a few seconds before he laughed, "See, there's always something we miss, don't we? I'll arrange something in a few minutes." He then drew the attention back to what they were supposed to do the next couple of days and when he left the room finally after what felt like hours, Jade got up to check herself in the mirror.

"Jade, are you ready?" Leigh-Anne called. "We're about to leave for the livestream."

"Give me a second!" Jade shouted back and dabbed under her eyes so that her eyes looked nice enough for the show. Then she turned off the light and made sure to grab her small makeup bag as she followed Leigh-Anne out of the hotel room.

They drove to the venue in a van again this time so they wouldn't draw too much attention to themselves but they didn't mind – the van was big enough to be comfortable and this time Perrie was sitting next to her and playing with her fingers. It was really strange to Jade how much more touchy the two of them had become since their marriage but she thought it was another of those things that were caused by the shifted dynamics in their relationship probably and neither of them complained about it so it was probably feeling alright.

They looked at some letters Clark had given them earlier – some fan mail they had so far received while visiting different cities within America – and Jade couldn't help but smile at a drawing of herself a four year old boy had drawn for her. It was a stick human with brown hair that fell down to the floor and a bow was placed on top of her head; little music notes were around her head and the name JADE was spelled with big, spidery letters in the top right corner.