Day 5: The Return?!

In the morning, I was awakened by Chris' voice coming over the intercom. "Wakey, wakey, campers! Everyone gather down by the lake."

As we were walking, Max was trying to come up with villain names. As he went down the list, Scarlett and I glanced at each other.

"Working on a new name?" she asked.

"Yes, I've already got my catchphrase; time to evil! But I still require a sinister monogram," he replied.

"They all sound so good," she replied.

Why is she encouraging him? "How will you decide?"

"Silly girl, one doesn't pick an evil name, the evil name picks you," he replied before he ran into Topher. "Ow!"

"Wow." My eyes went wide when I saw what he was looking at; Chris without his five o'clock shadow.

"Chris, you look... different today..." Topher said.

"Just my natural youth shining through," he replied.

"No, no you did something... Oxygen sleep chamber?"

Really?

"No."

" Hydrochloric acid peel?"

Is it that difficult?

"Nope."

"A lasting protein tablets? Antioxidant firming serum?"

"No, and uh uh."

"Is this the challenge? We gotta make up kooky words?" Sugar asked before she began making stuff up.

Is it THAT hard to figure out? I mean SERIOUSLY!

Chris blew an air horn into the megaphone, silencing everyone. "Silence! Today we will be laughing as you risk your lives in the smash, splash, 1 2 3 x dash. Players have to cross the beams, grab a dueling stick from the end of the dock, bring it back to your side, and place it on your board. Two dueling sticks make an x. Three x's wins the challenge."

"I have a diabolical scheme for thi-" Max began.

"ANYONE who messes with the other team's sticks results in them losing the challenge."

"Never mind."

"Only one member per team can cross at a time. If you land in the drink, that turn gets you no points, so, use that dueling stick to swat drip, or bat your opponents into the water, this will be awesome to see!"

"What is your fascination with seeing us hurt each other?" Samey asked, and Jasmine quickly reminded her that she has to sound like Amy. "If anyone gets my hair wet they're dead!"

There it is.

"Any particular order we go in?" Dave asked.

"You decide your own order, but each team member must go at least once."

"Umm... Where's Shawn?" Sky asked.

"He's probably lost in the woods. You know how this island can get, confusing."

Because you know... That doesn't sound suspicious...

Chris and Chef began to drive away.

"I hope he's okay," Jasmine said. "Oh, not that I care, he's not on my team."

Confessional: Ariel: "She likes him."

Chris got off at a dock that had a chair and an umbrella. "Well, if he doesn't arrive in time to take a turn, it's an automatic date with the cannon."