Day 1: Building our Shelter

I still couldn't believe I was actually picked to be on Total Drama. Today was the day I'd finally be away from my torturous older brother. I was going to miss my sister Marissa, though. She was one of the reasons I auditioned in the first place, and my nice brother Ryan. I quickly packed my backpack that was waterproof and kept the temperature in. I packed ice packs, band-aids, my sketchbook and a few snacks just in case Chef fed us like he did in past seasons. I looked outside and saw the limo parked outside waiting to take me to the airport, or wherever we were going. I walked down the stairs, and right before I opened the door, my brother Simon grabbed me. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to be on the new season of Total Drama. See that limo out there? That's for me. Goodbye." He grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me go. "Let go of me!" Marissa walked into the room.

"What's going on?"

"Ariel here thinks he's going to be on the new season of that stupid show you like. What was it? Total Losers Island?" He let go of me.

"That limo's for you, Ariel?" she asked. I nodded. "Well good luck. I'll be here, cheering you on." I walked out the door to the limo. I hopped in and we rode to the airport where a Zepplin was waiting. I guess this is what we were riding in. I stepped onto the Zepplin. I guess I was the last one to arrive because 14 people were already there. I took a seat on a stool next to this big guy, who looked like he grew up on a farm, and this guy wearing a green hat, and an orange vest. As we took off, I listened to other people's conversations to gain an insight into their personalities.

"Want some gum?" this girl asked the guy she was sitting next to. The guy had purple hair and appeared to be very short.

"Your simple confectionery will not save you from the pure evil of me," he replied. Wow. "But, yes," he said as he took a piece. Just... Wow.

"Hey!" the guy sitting next to me said, trying to get my attention.

"What? Oh, hi, I'm Ariel." I said.

"I'm Rodney," he replied with a smile. My first friend! Yes! This guy who was dressed like a wizard was standing next to a guy who looked like he was from India. The wizard guy was casting a spell or something that was supposed to ward off evil or something. Wow, again. The Indian boy looked weirded out by the wizard guy, too. A girl who looked like a Disney princess walked up to him.

"There's nothing that can't be sweeter with a song," she said. A song? What is this? Season 3? She started singing as she tiptoed off. This guy she walked past who had a TON of facial hair started beatboxing and noticeably freaked out these two twin cheerleader girls sitting nearby. One of them made the other switch seats. Poor girl, being bullied by her sibling. I know how that feels. The girl sitting next to them was REALLY tall, and based on her accent, I guessed she was Australian. It was cool to hear. This guy who was dressed similarly to how to Chris dressed was running around, looking for him. He ran all over the place. He asked this girl with a southern accent if she's seen him, and she pinned him up against the back door and said, "Stop your fidgeting! If you scuff my pageant shoes, then I'll throw you out the window! You'll be squished flat in two minutes!" That actually wasn't true, it would be- my thought was interrupted when this redheaded girl walked up to them and started talking.

"Actually, in the first 14 seconds he would fall 1,800 feet, but then he would reach terminal velocity and drop 176 feet per second, so if we're flying at the recommend 32,000 feet, he would hit the ground in three minutes-" I couldn't hear the rest of what she said because Rodney started talking, but from what I heard, I assume that she was saying it right.

"Wow, that girl has some real brains, huh?" I nodded. The guy sitting next to him began to freak out a bit.

"Brains?! Whose brains? No one is getting my brain!" Rodney and I looked at each other worriedly. We suddenly flew into a storm.