Day 2: Rodney has issues

The next morning I was woken up by something landing on the roof. I went outside to investigate and found Jasmine talking to Amy and Samey.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Going foraging, want to come?" Jasmine asked.

"Sure." We walked into the forest and looked around. We were looking around, and there were lots of nuts and berries. I used my bag to hold it.

"You should stand up to your sister. You're the underdog, and underdogs have a lot of honor in them. Tap into it." Jasmine said.

"I agree, Samey. You should stand up to her." I said.

"Yeah, I guess..." Samey replied. I walked over to where Jasmine was.

"What's a Chinese Mulberry bush doing in this part of the world?" she asked. I looked at the plant.

"That is strange." I agreed.

"Ooh, apple!" Samey said. We both gasped at the sight of it.

"No!!!" Jasmine and I both yelled. Jasmine threw a stick and it hit the fruit right out of her hand and stabbed it into the tree.

"Whoa! I would've given you a bite if you'd asked." Samey said.

"I'm sorry, but that's a--" Jasmine started before she was interrupted.

"Manchineel fruit." We looked up and saw Shawn near the top of the tree. "The Spanish refer to it as manzanilla de la Muerte. AKA, the 'little apple of death." he said.

"He's right. Well, it probably wouldn't have killed you, but it would've made your mouth blister something awful." Jasmine said. They were right. The Manchineel is the most poisonous plant in the world. Samey's hand had turned red and was covered in blisters.

"My hand, it's so itchy!" she said as she scratched it.

"Congrats, princess. You just got your first lesson in survival 101; Know your flora. Lesson two, soak your hand in water, scrub it sand, swelling gone." Shawn said.

"Oh, but I'm supposed to help you with the foraging," Samey said.

"You won't be any help when your hand swells up like a wicket keeper's glove." We all stared at her with blank expressions. "Cricket?" Still nothing. "It's a game..? Just go." Jasmine said. Samey walked off. "Huh, nice score. You're quite the outdoorsman." Jasmine said, noticing Shawn had a bag full of food.

"Thanks. You gotta know stuff if you want to survive the zombie apocalypse," he replied. Zombie apocalypse? What is he? A conspiracy nut?

"Right. What were you doing up in that tree?" Jasmine asked.

"That's where I'm sleeping," he replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"No shuffler can get you from up there," he replied.

"I hear that mate," she said. Really? Does she think he's joking? I'm pretty sure he's serious.

"Campers! The only good thing about this morning is, that it's gonna get worse. For you. There's a path heading into the forest follow it to get to today's hurt-tacular challenge." Chris said over the intercom.

We headed back to our team before following the path.

"Glad you got the berries, Amy. All the antioxidants give my skin that healthy, camera-worthy glow." Topher said. Oh boy...

"I got the berries, not Amy," Samey said.

"Oink, oink, spot the attention hog! I'm the one who like, made you go." Amy replied. I really want her to leave. I was walking next to Max and Scarlett.