Day 8: Shh!!!!

Okay, okay. I have officially recovered from the nervous breakdown I had last time. Everything's right with the world. Scarlett hates Max, and now he's on the other team. Now, he just needs to leave, and everything will be beautiful.

Jasmine then approached me, handing me an apple. I thanked her and ate while she and Sky talked. I'm glad she's on our team now.

Chris's airhorn went off before his voice started coming over the intercom, "Attention my soon to be victims! Your fate awaits at the grand clearing. Last one there eats a rotten egg!"

A rotten egg?! No way I'm doing that!

We all took off, and shortly after Topher caught up with us. "Last one there eats a rotten egg!" he said, and we all gave him weird looks. "See? Sounds better with a more youthful inflection. Agree or strongly agree," he added before he ran into a tree, and we continued past him to the clearing.

Of course Topher was last. It took him forever to arrive. "And Topher arrives last, so he gets to eat the rotten egg!" Chris announced.

"Aw, man, for real?!"

"Lucky for you it's already in Sugar's stomach."

Aw... He deserved to eat it...

"Smell what ya missed, sucker!" she exclaimed, before burping a gas cloud at him. Topher ducked and it was about to go into Jasmine's face, but she blew it back, and it went in Dave's face instead... and he fainted.

To be honest, it was disgusting, but also hard to not laugh.

"Listen up campers. Today's challenge is called Hush or Die! The teams have to race through three separate and unique danger zones. The three zones have one thing in common though: the noisier you are, the greater the danger becomes!"

Yay...

"Area 1 is called The Lion's Lunch. You gotta sneak through a field of sleeping lions. Wake one up and you're lunch." he explained with a laugh, and I gulped nervously.

"But they're sleeping so..." Shawn said. That is true...

"Oh, and there are rattlesnakes too," Chris added before one on the screen hissed quietly. Gulp.

"Oh-oh. That's bad."

"Um, a rattlesnake's poison is kinda... deadly," Jasmine said.

"The venom in our snakes has been slightly diluted. So you'll only feel like you're going to die."

Because that makes us feel better.

"If you make it out of that zone alive, maybe you'll die in area two: The Pasta Blaster! Make a noise in zone two and blindfolded Chef will blast ya with pasta."

"Noodles can't kill anyone," Shawn said scoffing.

"True. Unless the burning hot noodles cause you to scream and wake up the carnivorous Pasta Bear forcing your team to untangle you before you're eaten alive."

Gulp, again.

"Well- yeah- that could kill someone," Shawn replied.

"The last phase of your challenge is conquering The Avalanche Zone."

"Ya kinda ran out of creative steam coming up with a name for that one, huh?" Topher asked. "Old Age'll do that to ya."

Chef, gimme a shot, 10 o'clock, 73 degrees high please." Chris said into a walkie-talkie. Topher was then shot with a ball of pasta and immediately knocked down.

"Ah! Ow! Not the hair! Aaaugh!" he wailed.

I walked over to him and pulled some out of his hair, before eating it. "Not bad."