Day 7: What IS this Place?!

The next morning, I was sitting at the base of a tree, humming quietly. I was suddenly approached by the same animals that always hung around Ella. "Oh, I guess your all upset that she's gone." I said, and they nodded. I sighed. "Yeah, even though she was on the other team she was still my friend. Oh well, I don't sing in public, sorry."

The intercom them went off. "It's time to get 'rolling'." Chris said with a laugh. "Uh, that'll make sense in a minute."

I sighed before getting up and walking away, with the animals following. "Oh, no, please stay here." I said, and they all gave me sad looks before leaving.

I quickly reached the meeting point and sat with my team. "Listen up, everyone. Today's challenge is simple." Chris said, and we all sighed. "Simple... and deadly!" we all groaned. "You'll all be racing across the island... in these turbo-orbs!" Chris said. "Each team will cram into one turbo-orb and run like a hamster in a wheel. First team to the other side of the island wins immunity."

"Both teams are sure to have a ball!" Topher said, and I sighed.

He's slowly starting to become less annoying and more predictable.

"Just get in the orb, Topher." Chris said, shooting him an annoyed glare. He did, and so did the rest of the team, except for Jasmine, who didn't move.

"Uh, Jasmine? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Jasmine? Hello? You still on Australian time?" Chris said with a laugh. "I actually have no idea if that ahead of us or behind us, but you get the joke."

"Okay! Just gonna get inside that small, crammed, confined ball. No way out! Let's do this!" Jasmine said, before crouching and holding her knees to her chest in fear. I then walked up to her.

"It's okay Jasmine, you can do this." I said.

"I just have a teeny issue with confined spaces. No biggie." she said, walking a bit before crouching again.

"You know what else is a confined space? A cannon." Chris said, but she didn't move. "Okay, bad cop didn't work, time for good cop. Ariel, this is your job."

I sighed before approaching her. "Jas, come on, you can do this." I said, before Chris had Chef grab us and throw us both into the orb.

We both groaned in pain.

"You might feel a slight drop." Chris said. Uh oh... "Ready... set... go!" Chris said, and we began moving, and everyone began screaming. I felt us drop and we began bouncing all over the orb, until we slammed into the ground. I groaned in pain. I tried to get up, but felt something on top of me. I heard another groan on top of me.

"Umm... Topher? Would you mind getting off of me?" I said.

"Oh, sorry Ariel." he said, before getting out of the orb. I quickly followed.

"Oh, look. We're at the bottom of a deep, dark cave. How about that." Jasmine said.

"Ha! Host fail!" Topher said. "I'd like to see Chris narrate us out of this one."

"What was that, Topher?" Chris said, and we all looked over to see that his face was now on a screen on the wall. "So, your real challenge is getting out of this cave."

"Why bother with the bogus challenge?" Scarlett asked.

"If I had said I wanted to cram you into giant balls and drop you 140 feet into a cave, you all would've moaned and whined. This was easier."

I rolled my eyes.

"True." Shawn said.

"Moving on! There are two bags of supplies somewhere behind you." Chris continued.