Day 13: Finale

That night I was about to fall asleep, but Sky kept groaning and trying fall asleep.

When it was eventually quiet, I drifted off.

Tomorrow will be the last day I have to be here... sweet...

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of Chris' airhorn. "Sky, Ariel and Shawn, meeting area, now."

We both got up, and I gasped at Sky's appearance.

"Did you get any sleep, Sky? You look exhausted!"

"I know, but I'm kinda worried. This challenge actually is for the million," she replied, as we walked out.

"I-I'm sure you'll do fine."

I had no idea what else to say...

We quickly raced to the meeting area, all getting there around the same time. "Yes, today, I fire two of you from a cannon, then start my vacation," Chris said.

"And you'll hand one of us a million dollars!" Sky replied.

"I haven't forgotten, Sky. I'm just focusing on the parts that bring me the most joy. Okay?"

"Have you decided what the challenge is at which I'll win with... be...?" Shawn asked confusing himself.

"Wow, uh, English much? Boom!" Sky said, and I laughed quietly.

"I so do English much! Oh man!"

"If I may continue, the final challenge is so demanding, that the lawyers insisted each of you gets a partner. Eh, it's not a horrible idea. I mean, maybe they'll be able to help us find your bodies."

We glanced nervously at each other. "So, which of the past contestants would you like as a helper?"

Confessional: "Let's see... Who I'd want could differ based on what the challenge is... but seeing as I don't know what it is, I'll just have to take a shot in the dark."

"I choose Rodney!" Sky said.

Aww man!

"Choose?" Chris questioned with a laugh. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no."

"But you asked us who we would--"

"I know, I asked you who you wanted, I did that to be mean. Your helpers will be selected thusly." Chris said as Chef wheeled over a monitor. Chris then pulled out a remote. "When you press this button, the helpers will flash across the screen. Whoever's face it stops on, is your helper," he added, demonstrating, and it stopped on a picture of Sugar. We all shuddered.

"Can we um... decline to use a helper?" I asked.

"No, but you do get one chance to pass and spin again. Just to make things interesting. Who goes first will be decided by a coin toss."

"How will that work there are three of us--" I stopped myself when Chris threw the coin and hit Shawn. "Oh."

"Shawn wins. Let's see who you get Zombie Boy." It started spinning, and he eventually pressed the button, and it stopped on Jasmine's face. "Jasmine? Sweet! I'll stick with her!"

"You can go next Sky," I said.

Obviously, I want to see what I'm up against.

"You heard him Sky. You're up." It started spinning again, and when she pressed the button it landed on Dave's face.

"Dave!"

"Things ended pretty badly so... maybe I'll just try again."

"Are you worried he wouldn't help you because you rejected his love in front of everyone? And then failed to say goodbye to him after he sacrificed himself for you?"