Chapter 1

I was on my last nerve. I was in the fourth library room, and had tried working in the other three. Of course, that probably doesn't make any sense. What could ever be wrong with a library? At that school, everything.

I had been given a scholarship to attend Ouran Academy, a rarity, for the higher-privileged. That meant the super rich people of the world. They were pretty snobby, to be honest. The admission price to the private school was well out of reach, but I didn't have to pay anything with the scholarship. I just had to keep my grades up to stay there.

The library's weren't used for studying or reading, but for gossip. It was so noisy! There I was, surrounded by all those books that I could never think of owning, and they wanted to talk! How did that make any sense? Well, I guess to them it did, but not to me.

I really needed to study for my test coming up in the a week, but I couldn't focus with all the noise enveloping me. Especially from the guy behind. He laughed every time a word was said!

Finally, I yelled at him, "Can you just shut up? I'm trying to study, and I can't concentrate with all your laughing!"

"Then, try going somewhere else, commoner," he said, turning his nose up at me.

I jumped up and shouted, "Who are you calling a commoner?! I'm middle-class, idiot! I'll kick that money from your mouth, and then you can see-" I felt a hand on my arm.

"Azami, it isn't a good idea to do that. You could get expelled. Let's just leave," my sister, Haruhi, who also wanted a quiet place to read, suggested. She was a year younger than me, in class 1A. She had also been given a scholarship to the school, and her score had been a few points higher than mine. It was actually pretty significant for them to give out two scholarships. That hadn't happened before.

Haruhi had messy short brown hair and thick glasses hiding her big, brown eyes. She used to have longer hair like me, but then some nasty kid got gum in it right before school started. She had decided it would be too much work to try to get it out, so she just cut it all off herself. If it had been me, I would have struggled with the gum for hours. I never would have cut it, but Haruhi was definitely the more logical sister in some cases.

I sighed, calming down. "Alright. Let's leave," I surrendered, grabbing my things. She smiled a little at me before grabbing her book. We exited the library and shut the doors. We then walked up the red velvet staircase, going to the third floor, and then down a hall.

I commented, "With four libraries, you'd think that at least one of them would be quiet."

She replied, "Yeah, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I'm starting to think these people only come here for a good time instead of learning."

"Probably. It'd be nice, but we can't afford anything like that," I sighed. We became silent.

It might seem a little ridiculous that we were dealing with all of that trouble just to stay at some school, but it was actually worth it. Ouran offered us an amazing education. It was one of the top schools. Haruhi wanted to follow in our deceased Mother's footsteps and become a lawyer. I wanted to become a therapist specializing in helping after people after traumatic experiences. It was hard getting into those type of colleges. Our chances would skyrocket if we said we had been to Ouran!

Paying for college wasn't going to be easy. I really needed a scholarship. Ouran was really my only chance, and I planned to take it seriously. I wasn't there to make friends or find love. I had even promised myself I wouldn't get a boyfriend or go on a date as long as I was studying there. I couldn't let anything ruin it.

We stopped outside a room with a sign that said "Music Room 3." I trailed off, "An abandoned music room..."

"I guess this is the only place we'll be able to study in some peace and quiet," Haruhi grumbled, opening the door. We couldn't have been more wrong.