Chapter 9

A week later, it was the party. The Host Club members were lined up on the grand staircase in the ballroom, Tamaki standing on the landing above us all. The lights were out. "It is so good to see you here tonight, my little lambs," Tamaki said, raising his hand. The lights came on one by one as the orchestra began to play. All the members, which included myself, bowed as he continued, "The Ouran Host Club would like to bid you welcome." The guests clapped.

Kyoya smiled, "As always, ladies, the Host Club members are here for your entertainment, so we invite you to dance to your heart's content. Based on her dancing skills, one lucky young lady will be chosen as tonight's queen. The queen's reward will be a passionate kiss on the cheek by our king."

Tamaki winked, "Good luck to you, my darlings." The girls squealed with excitement, though I was not one of them.

I wasn't too happy to be there, but I didn't have a choice. I stood next to Haruhi, who was also not enjoying herself, our arms looped together. Everyone knew we were siblings, or most of them did, so the others didn't think I would be mistaken for a girlfriend or anything. I sighed.

The twins walked up behind us and scolded, "Haruhi, Azami, show some enthusiasm." I groaned.

Haruhi frowned, "Well, excuse me, you guys. Sorry. I'm not used to this sort of thing. I've only ever gone to the festivals held in our neighborhood park."

I shrugged, "I've been to a few small birthday parties, but that was back in middle school."

"I'm don't know if you can really consider that a party or not. Well, since you're already here, you might as well get you something to eat. We've got quite a spread," Kyoya said, scribbling something done on his clipboard. Mori was standing next to him, Honey on his shoulders.

Haruhi perked up, "A spread? With fancy tuna?"

"Yeah, do you?" I smiled excitedly.

"Fan..." Honey started.

"...cy ..." the twins smirked.

... tuna?" Tamaki asked. He did a backflip off the landing onto our level. I was shocked by it.

Kaoru grabbed my arm as Hikaru grabbed Haruhi's. They both started saying how sorry they were for us, nuzzling us. Our faces were bright red. Tamaki ordered, "Get some fancy tuna here right now!"

Kyoya already had his cell phone out and was saying into it, "Add some deluxe sushi."

"Oh, get off of me!" I demanded, getting out of their grip. I stomped down the stairs into the crowd of people.

I had chosen to stand against the wall. I didn't want to be there, and I didn't like parties. I wasn't needed for the plan with Kanako and Suzushima, either. Plus, all the girls were kind of making me feel bad with how beautiful their dresses were. They all had on these fashion-show-ready dresses with jewelry worth thousands. All I had was a little black dress with black heels to match. The only reason I owned that was because my ex-boyfriend had taken me out to a fancy restaurant for my birthday once. It was part of the dress code.